I hate my job club ! Ups package car

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Newbee here .. UPS for 23 yrs . Been driving for 20 yrs , very lucky to be a scratch driver most days ( I have a good route ) They are killing us at our hub ! Way to much work , and they send people HOME ! So I kept saying , " I hate my job ! " Next thing I know at my hub , we have a club now . Our hand shake is fist bump with thumbs down . So over half the hub is walikng around saying ' I HATE MY JOB " or doing the hand symbol. Don't get me wrong , I am VERY HAPPY to have a job , but UPS is just killing us this peak . I have had a helper since mid Nov . Its a good laugh , to take so stress off us as drivers . We are having a blast with our " I hate my job club " I did tell the district manager , in the summer , that I hate to come to work . Getting off at 7-8 every night in the south 's summer heat was NO FUN !! He said that he was SICK to hear that , and would look into it ???? The work load has been UNREAL in the last year ! Its like they want us to die . My hub is trying to " Cut out the air drivers " so we have the MAX air load , EVERYDAY now . I have never had late air ( 1-5 a YEAR !! ) now I have late air every week !! Once again , i am GALD to have a job at UPS , but it sure is fun to have our little I. H . M. J. ( I hate my job club ) , just a god laugh every day . I have a GREAT helper this year , 220 stops , 150 miles, with pickups , and we scratch most days . After reading other post on this site , I am glad to see that others are unhappy at UPS . Most people think its just me , I tell they NO , UPS likes putting the screws to ANYONE !!
What time do you start?

davidix

Fortunate I have a job where I can work 60 hours and get a solid check.

Unfortunately I don't want 60 gosh darn hours I want 50 max. I also don't want to be out past 7:30 every day but I am. I literally hate this job but what else am I going to do.. I'm in too deep.

Tiereffinthree

Snowball effect... That "hating your job" that you seem so resigned to dealing with will lurk in your sub conscious and ultimately affect your health. It's not worth it. Learn to not hate it or free yourself by changing careers or working inside for slightly less. Very few sane people can thrive physically/psychologically AND be a package driver. This company is in need of very profound reform. Just my 2 cents.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oh yeah and this site is chock full of douchiness galore WITHOUT the Bible thumper element. STFU, god boy.
chock.jpg
chock.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No we voted on that ridiculous vote that wouldn’t even matter .... the 20,000 in returned ballots were to be considered yes but even even if the majority agreed no cuts. They still would of been cut

...because the Treasury knew that the cuts were the right thing to do if we had any hope of saving our pension...