I have an interview tomorrow...

joshp912

For a part-time package handling job in Orlando. I already made a post like this about 6 months ago but thought i'd get try one more time and see what people say.

I have a felony charge on my record for "sale of marijuana" that I have served 4 years probation for and it's been a little past 5 years since I was put on. I put that on my application and am wondering if UPS will just junk my application after the interview or even consider me for employment?

Are there certain guidelines where they cannot hire convicted felons?

Thanks to anybody who has some input either way!

Josh

Service Failure

I heard that having a felony would pretty much disqualify you considering the kind of business that UPS runs. I know a few people who do have felonies that got hired but i don't know how they went about getting hired and whether the backround check was administered properly or at all. Or maybe the backround check they use sucks. I do know that they know or are related to people who work inside UPS such as drivers.

Anyways, best of luck in getting hired and hopefully in the future they allow you to exponge your record.

sx2700

Banned
I say run like the wind and don't look back. Part time work at UPS sucks. Unless you need health care for your family (like me) you can get better paying jobs with less BS.

browniehound

For a part-time package handling job in Orlando. I already made a post like this about 6 months ago but thought i'd get try one more time and see what people say.

I have a felony charge on my record for "sale of marijuana" that I have served 4 years probation for and it's been a little past 5 years since I was put on. I put that on my application and am wondering if UPS will just junk my application after the interview or even consider me for employment?

Are there certain guidelines where they cannot hire convicted felons?

Thanks to anybody who has some input either way!

Josh

I thought a felony was loosly defined as a crime punishable by a year in jail or more. Or is there and actual list of which crimes are felonies and which are mistameanors.

My opinion is I think UPS should hire you. We hire and retain drivers convicted of OUI, which is far worse in my opinion than selling weed. One act has the ability to take a person's life, the other does not.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Go to the interview, be honest and forthcoming. You may have a chance, and that is worth the time. It also shows you are moving on.

joshp912

So I had the first interview today and am going back for a manager group interview tonight. The lady who interviewed me from Human Resources asked about my record and I told her. She said they do a background check and there was some other company who reviews my record and let's them know if i'm eligible for employment. She also said that she's seen people with a felony background get hired in the past...so maybe I have a shot. I'm hopefull but I have also heard too many NO's about my wondering if they'd hire me so i'm ready to be rejection.

browniehound

So I had the first interview today and am going back for a manager group interview tonight. The lady who interviewed me from Human Resources asked about my record and I told her. She said they do a background check and there was some other company who reviews my record and let's them know if i'm eligible for employment. She also said that she's seen people with a felony background get hired in the past...so maybe I have a shot. I'm hopefull but I have also heard too many NO's about my wondering if they'd hire me so i'm ready to be rejection.

I think you should go back. What do you have to lose?