I hope China does shoot down Pelosi' s plane.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
america is late stage empire. it cant protect its own citizens against covid, and alot of middle class jobs have been wiped out.

To be fair, the deep state actors created the virus, and subsequent response, specifically to kill american citizens, and as many other people ad possible. The capability to stop the spread of a respiratory virus has never been within the reach of any Empire, even at its peak.

The wiping out of middle class jobs was one of the goals, not something they were trying to prevent.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
govt is supposed to protect you from outbreaks.

Good luck with that.

rickyb

To be fair, the deep state actors created the virus, and subsequent response, specifically to kill american citizens, and as many other people ad possible. The capability to stop the spread of a respiratory virus has never been within the reach of any Empire, even at its peak.

The wiping out of middle class jobs was one of the goals, not something they were trying to prevent.
yea im not sure. theres been more and more viruses last few decades

rickyb

Your obsession with COVID is weird but you're right about the other parts.
everyone is usually right about something. i think im right about alot of things, but i forget what ive learned quite often

chomsky was warning about collapse of american political system probably 30 years ago. hedges made some warnings about the wars abroad and christian fascists and demagogery 15 years ago.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
no for example its in the mission of the public health agencies, at least here anyways

Public health agencies are a government boondoggle where people who couldn't cut it as real doctors go to steal our money and give us terrible, one-size-fits-all medical advice. The most important thing a government can and should do to prevent disease transmission is to see to the proper maintainence of a well designed sanitation system. Keep the :censored2: and piss off the streets and out of the watersheds and garbage contained away from population centers. As you point out, they can't even get the lead out of the water, which is an extremely easy thing to do, why would you expect them to be able to do something impossible like stopping a respiratory virus from spreading?

rickyb

Public health agencies are a government boondoggle where people who couldn't cut it as real doctors go to steal our money and give us terrible, one-size-fits-all medical advice. The most important thing a government can and should do to prevent disease transmission is to see to the proper maintainence of a well designed sanitation system. Keep the :censored2: and piss off the streets and out of the watersheds and garbage contained away from population centers. As you point out, they can't even get the lead out of the water, which is an extremely easy thing to do, why would you expect them to be able to do something impossible like stopping a respiratory virus from spreading?
china stopped it

really it comes down to us being passive consumers of info.

Nah
everyone is usually right about something. i think im right about alot of things, but i forget what ive learned quite often

chomsky was warning about collapse of american political system probably 30 years ago. hedges made some warnings about the wars abroad and christian fascists and demagogery 15 years ago.
Christian fascists...lol

Nah
nazi germany had the cross on 1 side of the church and the swastika on the other

expect no different when the time comes

i think its the evangelicals
People who call themselves Christians but aren't.

Sort of like how these days we have men who call themselves women but aren't.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
yea they did and look how hard china locked down. weve heard the stories

NZ changed their policy beginning of this year im pretty sure otherwise they were doing great

It's because lock downs were always going to be impossible to maintain. More people have died as a result of government response than of the virus itself, and you still think the government can stop viruses.

Nah
yes theres lots of heretics out there.
The people you need to be concerned about don't generally wear one singular label. Instead of trying to put a label on them, I would be concerned about the people who try to control you, tell you what you can and cannot do, etc..

Because if you're not hurting anyone no one should be involved in your business.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Good luck with that.

The Babylon Bee is more accurate than the MSM.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The people you need to be concerned about don't generally wear one singular label. Instead of trying to put a label on them, I would be concerned about the people who try to control you, tell you what you can and cannot do, etc..

Because if you're not hurting anyone no one should be involved in your business.

Ricky is one of those people. He talks about people not being able to self-regulate, which means people don't act the way he thinks they should. To be more specific, it means people don't act the way Nader, Chomsky, Hedges, etc tell Ricky they should act.

And, the justification they use to get into other people's business is that they are hurting other people with viruses and climate change.