I Just Filed My First Grievance

tieguy

Banned
actually, i just found out today, that he goes out and drinks with them and whatnot. THAT is why is such a ****ty steward. is he actually allowed to do this? should i hire a private investigor?

not only that, i now realize that the supervisor was trying to itimidate me witht he 'standing around for 10 minutes' just to keep me from following through witht he greivence.

no sir.

i have added in my share of corruption to the hub im multiple ways that....id....rather not list.

my supervisors say that they 'want me to prove myself' unloading trailers and then when they feel like i've done a good job, then they'll use me in the preload. i talked to the center of management and he said the same thing. so i filed.

my shop steward doesn't really like me though, he says hi to people except me and when i say hi, he ignores me. is this going to be a problem?

the supervisors had a problem with me taking 10 min bathroom breaks a while back, but lately i have cut them down to 5. they are punishing me for taking bathrooms breaks. i am the only person that can unload trailors in an hour, everyone else takes 80 minutes or more, and that's the real reason they want me to unload trailors.

?[/quote]

he also said something about an incident that happened earlier that week and that one of my fellow union brothers backs up what a supervisor said. a different supervisor was claiming that i was sitting and not doing anything for 10 minutes. can they get me on anything?

the whole day, he seemed so p***ed at me. he wasn't giving me anymore of those little cocky smiles that he normally gives me. i kept smiling at him and he looked so p***ed off. did i get him in trouble for filing a grievance? someone said that since i filed, he lost his bonus. is this true?

will i really be stuck in the wrath of hell/unload?(which i really dont mind...i do like the workout i get)

how is this going to turn out?

In reading through your statements your supervisors don't like you, Your shop steward does not like you and they have a co-worker willing to bear false witness against you that must not like you.

Your reason you give as to why you are not liked is excessive bathroom breaks and that you have been told by everyone including the center manager that you have to prove yourself.

You contradict that statement by stating you are the only one that can unload a trailer in an hour or less.

There is something here that stinks and its not alll the company. If you need to prove yourself before they move you then you need to find out what the criteria of proof is . What are they looking for you to accomplish and for how long.

I take it you work for the preload as an unloader and you want to learn to load the package cars?

How long have you been there?

What do you have to do to prove yourself?

Why is it everyone seems to dislike you and give you a hard way to go including your steward and the co-worker?

If the former steward is involved in a lawsuit against UPS then that means he is involved in a lawsuit against UPS. It does not automatically qualify as guilt on the part of UPS. There is a reason the steward has taken his case outside of contractual procedures.

First get your defintions straight. A grievance is a contractual means to get the two sides talking on an issue that may crop up. You feel you should be allowed to load cars and the sups don't feel you should. No one goes to jail, no sups lose any money out of their pockets. The two parties will sit down and discuss the issues at some time in the future or the company will agree and move you where you want to go. If you have the meeting calmly discuss why you feel you should be allowed to move to the other position, keep the wrath of hell, private investigator, no one likes me dialogue out of the discussion when it happens.

S

StanTheMan

In reading through your statements your supervisors don't like you, Your shop steward does not like you and they have a co-worker willing to bear false witness against you that must not like you.

Your reason you give as to why you are not liked is excessive bathroom breaks and that you have been told by everyone including the center manager that you have to prove yourself.

You contradict that statement by stating you are the only one that can unload a trailer in an hour or less.

There is something here that stinks and its not alll the company. If you need to prove yourself before they move you then you need to find out what the criteria of proof is . What are they looking for you to accomplish and for how long.

I take it you work for the preload as an unloader and you want to learn to load the package cars?

How long have you been there?

What do you have to do to prove yourself?

Why is it everyone seems to dislike you and give you a hard way to go including your steward and the co-worker?

If the former steward is involved in a lawsuit against UPS then that means he is involved in a lawsuit against UPS. It does not automatically qualify as guilt on the part of UPS. There is a reason the steward has taken his case outside of contractual procedures.

First get your defintions straight. A grievance is a contractual means to get the two sides talking on an issue that may crop up. You feel you should be allowed to load cars and the sups don't feel you should. No one goes to jail, no sups lose any money out of their pockets. The two parties will sit down and discuss the issues at some time in the future or the company will agree and move you where you want to go. If you have the meeting calmly discuss why you feel you should be allowed to move to the other position, keep the wrath of hell, private investigator, no one likes me dialogue out of the discussion when it happens.

how did i contradict myself by saying that i am the only one that can unload trailors in less than an hour. it's not like i take bathroom breaks every hour. and when i do take them, i still finish in an hour or less.

i've worked there for 10 months.

they said that they wanted me to unload trailors in an hour. today the center manager came in and pretty watched me for almost the whole day. then at the end of the day, i was told that in 1 to 2 weeks ill get a shot and a poll in the preload.

i get along with most of the people, including the head supervisors(i think that's what he is), unload supervisor, and pretty much all the workers. the only people, that i know of, that dont like me, are the one supervisor(that is a bioth to me), the steward, and the one co-work(who no one else likes). people even say not to go to the steward and that he doesn't know anything.

i think someone also said that 'that one supervisor'(the bioth) said that she was quiting because she's tired of me falsely saying that she is harassing me. and right after i heard that she said that, she wouldn't answer me when i asked her where a box went and she did it right in front of several employees in the preload. i've been told by several people that no one likes her and that she's not 'cut out' for the job.

Channahon

the one supervisor(that is a bioth to me), the steward, and the one co-work(who no one else likes). people even say not to go to the steward and that he doesn't know anything.

i think someone also said that 'that one supervisor'(the bioth) said that she was quiting

Stan, I give up - what is bioth?

aspenleaf

VICTORY IS MINE ATLAST!

today i was told that in 1 to 2 weeks when this one guy leaves, that they are going to give me a shot at his loading his trucks. AND, p****** was a complete buddy* to me in front of a supervisor and several employees. i have a feeling that she isn't gonig to be around much longer. first, everytime i asked her a question, she completely ignored me and there was always another different employee that witnessed it and they looked at her like she was crazy. then the head supervisor told me to go help this girl(who p****** was helping) load one of her trucks. a different supervisor, we'll call buddy, went with me and said to p****** "i have a helper for you", p****** immediatly said "i dont want him to help me, send him somewhere else", and then buddy said "'the head supervisor' wanted him to help you here" to which p****** said "you work with him then!" in a buddy*y voice, to which buddy replied in a nice voice "okay". then buddy asked her a little bit about the truck and p****** got pissed and said "fine! ill work with him BUT you have to stay and watch". then when we worked together, she kept saying how i wasn't very good at what i was doing and was just plain rude when buddy watched.

BOO YAH!

I don't like help either with my trucks so maybe this loader didn't need help. Don't take it personally; some of us loaders like our trucks and we don't want anyone messing us up. Sometimes the "help" we get creates more misloads because the "help" can't read the label and they go into the wrong truck. Then you have to babysit them and try to fix what they are loading as you are loading (because if they misload it will count against the regular loader). It is much better to do it alone than to have "help".

I realize slamming the management person is an exciting event you are too scared to try at work but when you do try to make just a little bit of sense.

Too scared to try at work? Try me. Another assumption on your part Tie. You no what they say about when you assume. You make an ass out of you and.. well.. you.

S

StanTheMan

I don't like help either with my trucks so maybe this loader didn't need help. Don't take it personally; some of us loaders like our trucks and we don't want anyone messing us up. Sometimes the "help" we get creates more misloads because the "help" can't read the label and they go into the wrong truck. Then you have to babysit them and try to fix what they are loading as you are loading (because if they misload it will count against the regular loader). It is much better to do it alone than to have "help".

the supervisor was helping the loader...both were girls...and trust me, they DID need help. they had boxes stacked outside of each truck and everyone else on the belt was finished.

but the supervisor quit today, it was actually her last day. i think she quit because they are going to move me to her work area. crazy thing is, i have an interview tommarrow, and if i get the job, im going to most likely quit ups.

i wonder if she would still have quit if she knew that i was quiting...im going to keep my mouth shut about this interview, lol.

S

StanTheMan

How did your grievance go?

well they decided to put me into the pre-load, so im not gonig to have it. but my union rep said that he'll hold on to it in case they try to not let me go at the last minute. im suppose to start next week.