I must return to my home planet

MeltedSnowman

My time as UPS as a loader came to end on Friday. Actually, it was done on Thursday night when I told my sup I that I wasn't interested in a permanent position. Showing up the next day I was told to hand in my ID's, shake a few hands and kindly leave the building.

Some thoughts based on my short two month stay.

Most long timers express the belief that the company was a better place to work back in the day. Benefits and employee recognition have been slowly eroded over the years leaving a jaded workforce with no incentive to try. The complaining about conditions and management is near nonstop most nights.

Loading a truck is not like playing tetris to matter how many times your trainer tries to tell you its. Loading is however a good reason to drop you gym membership.

I will never ship a package again without making the box as secure as possible.

Short of assaulting someone or telling them you don't want to stay you will be kept on.

Where else can you work P/T hours and have FT benefits?

Thanks to UPS for helping me pay off some credit cards while also paying for Christmas gifts.

Hopefully I don't die on the way back home. ;)

1010904-poochie.gif

My time as UPS as a loader came to end on Friday. Actually, it was done on Thursday night when I told my sup I that I wasn't interested in a permanent position. Showing up the next day I was told to hand in my ID's, shake a few hands and kindly leave the building.

Most long timers express the belief that the company was a better place to work back in the day. Benefits and employee recognition have been slowly eroded over the years leaving a jaded workforce with no incentive to try. The complaining about conditions and management is near nonstop most nights.

Loading a truck is not like playing tetris to matter how many times your trainer tries to tell you its. Loading is however a good reason to drop you gym membership.

Short of assaulting someone or telling them you don't want to stay you will be kept on.

Thanks to UPS for helping me pay off some credit cards while also paying for Christmas gifts.

1010904-poochie.gif
What planet are you from?

PT Car Washer

You lasted a month and a half longer then most new hires. Not a bad job once you put your time in and start collecting the contract raises and have enough seniority to use your seniority for job selections and vacations and extra work.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

1010904-poochie.gif
Good luck finding a 90k job