I need a list of all holidays

thelorax

I just got off of the ever so useful UPSers website which has no listing I can find for the paid holidays we all get...

I have to request vacation for the whole of the year ASAP (per management's memo by the time clock) and would like to strategically request vacation around some of the holidys, where I can.

Please respoond soonish as I work the preload and must get to sleep soon.

:sleeping2:

bad company

semi-pro
UPS 2008 Holiday Schedule
In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

New Year's Eve - December 31, 2007**
New Year's Day - January 1, 2008**
Memorial Day - May 26, 2008**
Independence Day - July 4, 2008**
Labor Day - September 1, 2008**
Thanksgiving Day - November 27, 2008**
Day after Thanksgiving - November 28, 2008***
Christmas Day - December 25, 2008**
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2008***
New Year's Day - January 1, 2009**

In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed:

Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 21, 2008
Ash Wednesday - February 6, 2008
Lincoln's Birthday - February 12, 2008
Valentine's Day - February 14, 2008
President's Day - February 18, 2008
Washington's Birthday - February 18, 2008
St. Patrick's Day - March 17, 2008
Good Friday - March 21, 2008
Passover - April 20, 2008
Flag Day - June 14, 2008
Rosh Hashanah - September 30, 2008
Yom Kippur - October 9, 2008
Columbus Day - October 13, 2008
Veteran's Day - November 11, 2008
Hanukkah - December 22, 2008
Christmas Eve - December 24, 2008

Saturday+ and Sunday are rest days.

* Delivery of Saturday Air Packages only, no pickup service available
** UPS Express CriticalSM available 365 days each year
*** Delivery and pickup of air and international packages only
+ Saturday Delivery and Pickup is available in certain regions.
1.gif

Last edited:

Big Babooba

In the New England Supplement, we also get Columbus Day and Veteran's Day in Massachusetts. They usually work us and we get 8 hrs holiday pay (4 for P/T) plus time and a half for all hours worked. We used to get those holidays off but the following day would be pure hell.We would get double volume because the rest of the country worked They would have all supervisors working with a casual . We also had about five or six 24 foot straight jobs for the bulk routes.

UPS Lifer

Tell that to Night Sort employees :P lol

When I managed the Inbound Air Sort - It was a Sunday thru Thursday operation. I did this for 5 years.

We worked Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Superbowl Sunday, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day. And during peak season we also worked the Friday before Xmas no matter what.

You want to talk about a challenge to get folks to work!!!!
Those were the fun years!

The one good thing was that I was in charge of the entire district on Sundays! Well kind of!! If a major problem resulted I still had to call the Operation and/or District Mgr. But there were no conference calls! Believe me working on Sunday was almost worth it!

ancalagon

New hire here... I will be working Sun thru Thurs, 10pm to 3am shift. Will I have to work on Nov 26? Also will I have to work on Dec 24th? Will do what I need to, just planning ahead. Never worked shift that covers two dates before, so please don't rip me too much...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In the New England Supplement, we also get Columbus Day and Veteran's Day in Massachusetts. They usually work us and we get 8 hrs holiday pay (4 for P/T) plus time and a half for all hours worked. We used to get those holidays off but the following day would be pure hell.We would get double volume because the rest of the country worked They would have all supervisors working with a casual . We also had about five or six 24 foot straight jobs for the bulk routes.

UPS has been shaving alot of peoples time in/out in our building. Mostly 22.3s, "forgetting" to input a shifts pay, shaving minutes off of early punch-in from lunch, etc. It wouldnt surprise me at all if (at least inside) people weren't paid for the holiday. Alot of P/Ts don't know better, don't even know Veterans Day is a paid UPS holiday in the NE. We'll see come Thursday.

raceanoncr

New hire here... I will be working Sun thru Thurs, 10pm to 3am shift. Will I have to work on Nov 26? Also will I have to work on Dec 24th? Will do what I need to, just planning ahead. Never worked shift that covers two dates before, so please don't rip me too much...

Still in training, so don't know if I am going to load, unload, or sort. Richmond Hub, if that makes any difference.

Don't want to "rip you too much", but wouldn't it seem logical to ask RICHMOND HUB these questions, rather than people on here that may have no idea of your operations?

This forum is comprised of people from all over the world and each operation is different. Just a clue is all.