Strike check list for everyone to help financially ON TOPIC

UPSmechanicinblue

ON topic meaning= all jokes aside, there are other forums for that we can use this thread to send to others that may need

Id like to get a list of things for our brothers to help them out in case we have a long term strike and so they do not suffer financially . We all know she may have planned a month due to first of the year not allowing sups vacation ll of august.(save this for another thread) I am prepared but many are not. Some of us have been of work maybe for various reasons such as advisability, denied comp etc so maybe they can add what others can do while off to get by. Reasons below are to keep a good amount of cash on hand for emergency etc. I am sure planning ahead with various places will work with us while we re still in good standing rather than when stuff is way behind

1. Shut off auto deductions such as investments( I put my roth IRA on hold)
2. Shut off auto pay for electric, gas, phone (possible use credit card payment)
3. Health ins. Us with teamcare are fine others maybe not so let family know to cancel and or reschedule upcoming appointments to a later date
4. Contacting mortgage co to maybe put a months payment on the back end of your loan- If any one has please input
5. auto loans same as above? again i donnt know, hopefully others that need to can tell us what they did
5. cancel insurance on extra vehicles

clean hairy

If you have a teamster credit card, they will not require payments for the duration of the strike.
I have to check on the details of it.
I have paid extra on cell phone and have a credit balance which will cover it for 4 months.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
The plasma center had been running ads for first time donors. 100 dollar bonus. I bet the people who have been donating for years are upset that newbies are getting more than they are.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
The plasma center had been running ads for first time donors. 100 dollar bonus. I bet the people who have been donating for years are upset that newbies are getting more than they are.
Same with my internet service! Loyal subscriber, many years of service and Joe Shmoe gets a reduced rate! Insanity

rod

Retired 22 years
I've donated gallons and gallons over the years----never got a cent for it. Once I did get a Red Cross tee-shirt.

some1else

Banned
How much extra for pure non-mra blood? Once the price goes high enough I will share some but am concerned they would put a bit of vaccine in the blood draw needle and get the clot shot in me that way

UPSmechanicinblue

How soon can a 401k loan get processed and a check sent out to you? Might have to go this route.
during covid they would next day air to you, someone posted the number to call etc on here back then, I used a littlefor a personal purchase plus they dropped the 10% auto deduction back then. I would try any other alternatives. It is horrible how bad it is taxed as extra income on top of 10% withdrawal fee, In an emergency it maybe a better alternative.

UPSmechanicinblue

God forbid these people get fired for a few weeks/many weeks. God forbid they have a freak accident and loose their job/can not longer do their job.
Ive been using this as an example of why most have to stop the pay check to paycheck, I mentioned the fired thing, being disabled, family emergency etc etc etc, I didnt wake up until after 40 so I hate to say anything bad. I use the rail road or what ever insurance now incase I get fired, around 700 a year i still keep my wages if discharged until my hearings are done. 29 years never had a day off but just feel more prepared.

100%

during covid they would next day air to you, someone posted the number to call etc on here back then, I used a littlefor a personal purchase plus they dropped the 10% auto deduction back then. I would try any other alternatives. It is horrible how bad it is taxed as extra income on top of 10% withdrawal fee, In an emergency it maybe a better alternative.
There’s no 10% withdrawal fee on a hardship loan.

Thebrownblob

There’s no 10% withdrawal fee on a hardship loan.
The problem with a hardship loan is that it Has to be repaid. That usually happens with a weekly payroll deduction if you’re on strike there is no payroll check. If you’re not making the payments, they will take the full amount from your 401(k) and charge you 10% on top of it. Be very careful fooling with your 401(k).

100%

The problem with a hardship loan is that it Has to be repaid. That usually happens with a weekly payroll deduction if you’re on strike there is no payroll check. If you’re not making the payments, they will take the full amount from your 401(k) and charge you 10% on top of it. Be very careful fooling with your 401(k).
The payments don’t get made on fmla either. They pickup payments when you come back to work. There isn’t a 10% charge on that either.