I need advice on 401K

9.5 everyday

To start, yes, then diversify into other the midcap 400 and Russell 2000. Mid cap is mid sized companies, and Russell is the small sized companies.
As long as you have direct deposit you can go online to upsers and start. I invest 50% of my total deduction in the s&p 500, 30% into a medium risk fund and 20% into a low risk fund. It's been averaging 12-13% return over the last 8 years. $$$

plkl62

Can anyone tell me if there is any minimum amount of money for doing self managed in the prudential 401k and coild I split it between doing self managed and doing professionally managed by Morningstar? Maybe i would do 50/50

UPSmechanicinblue

If you need the tax savings now, otherwise I agree.
not trying to argue or anything- but the tax thing now and what it will be in ten years from now doesnt look good- we will be the ones paying off the national deficit- tax rate will sky rocket-interest rates been 0% over 8 years now- they will rise-baby boomers will be retiring drawing money out of the market-market cannot continue without interest rates staying and zero and the quantitative easing when they where doing the pumping billions of $'s to prop up the market. Inflation still has not still caught up with all this. I do hope I am wrong on this.

Ms.PacMan

You are eligible to open an SMA if you have at least $7,500 in your Plan account. The minimum initial investment amount for the SMA is $2,500. (All subsequent transfers are a minimum of $1,000 and must be made in whole dollar amounts.) At least three percent of your total account balance must remain in your Plan’s core investment options at the time you transfer money into your SMA.