I no longer want to be a good driver.

Upass.

Enough is enough, my numbers at ups are outstanding since i started, but i lately realized that management is taking advantage of me , more stops every day, i cover the most difficult routes , while the other 22.4 drivers i started with are enjoying base cars. Time to slow down , i am done being a sheep. Any advices?

JJinVA

Yeah, you need to go work for FedEx with that kind of cant-do attitude, pal!

lol jk

Im a 22.4, and the reality is, we were hired as a Combo position. Really we're supposed to be doing 4 hours inside and 4 hours on the road taking stops off RPCDs to keep them under 9.5. However, since I became 22.4 Ive run 12 hour days almost nonstop. *shrug* The only reason Im off early this week is because Im doing the shuttle to the airport in the AM. Tomorrow I gotta be at the center at 4am

Box Ox

Any advices?

Yes. Being a good driver means operating in a matter that'll allow you to keep your job/retire and do so in one piece.

Im a 22.4, and the reality is, we were hired as a Combo position. Really we're supposed to be doing 4 hours inside and 4 hours on the road taking stops off RPCDs to keep them under 9.5. However, since I became 22.4 Ive run 12 hours days almost nonstop. *shrug*

That was always the Company's intention.

22.4 driver

Wow I’ve
Enough is enough, my numbers at ups are outstanding since i started, but i lately realized that management is taking advantage of me , more stops every day, i cover the most difficult routes , while the other 22.4 drivers i started with are enjoying base cars. Time to slow down , i am done being a sheep. Any advices?
[/

Finally you got a wake up call . First off you’re description of a “good driver” is something created by management. Scratching is bull:censored2: ass numbers . You keep being a runner like that you’re gonna get snapped up and they will take advantage of you . Basically if you’re not a trainee there’s no need to be a runner . As long as you’re working and following the methods you have nothing to worry about .

542thruNthru

Just make sure you're following the methods because they will be after you for a little while to try and scare you back into being a runner.

22.4 driver

Just make sure you're following the methods because they will be after you

Also some advice . Take lunch , full hour and don’t work during it ! You don’t get paid for that and you’re here to make money not cause you love cardboard ! If you are here cause you love running and cardboard than continue getting :censored2:ed in the ass by management

542thruNthru

Yeah, you need to go work for FedEx with that kind of cant-do attitude, pal!

lol jk

Im a 22.4, and the reality is, we were hired as a Combo position. Really we're supposed to be doing 4 hours inside and 4 hours on the road taking stops off RPCDs to keep them under 9.5. However, since I became 22.4 Ive run 12 hour days almost nonstop. *shrug* The only reason Im off early this week is because Im doing the shuttle to the airport in the AM. Tomorrow I gotta be at the center at 4am

That was a pipe dream. It was never set up that way and the union even said so before we voted on it.

JJinVA

why does it matter
If you believe the story you told you are a fool

That is literally, word for word, what the center manager told us our job consists of. And I have occasionally worked preload unloading tractor trailers on days where they were under-staffed, got called in at 5am. I personally knew we were gonna get run ragged when I started, but the position is 22.4 Combo Driver. It is the defining thing that separates us from RPCDs

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That is literally, word for word, what the center manager told us our job consists of. And I have occasionally worked preload unloading tractor trailers on days where they were under-staffed, got called in at 5am. I personally knew we were gonna get run ragged when I started, but the position is 22.4 Combo Driver. It is the defining thing that separates us from RPCDs

So, a center manager lied to you

Hard to believe

JJinVA

So, a center manager lied to you

Hard to believe

Like I said, I knew before I started that it would translate to, us getting the shaft. And 99% of the time, we do. We're basically RPCDs without 9.5 protection. Still doesnt change the title of the position.

ManInBrown

Too late. You already heroed up. You set a precedence of performance. It can be done but have fun dealing with a sheetload of harassment. Follow Orion 100%. Follow the methods. They’re going to have you in the office everyday. Just stand up for yourself and eventually they will get tired and move onto someone else. Work every day for the next month as if they are out there watching you, because most likely they are. Nothing pisses them off more then a runner that changes their ways. We had a guy who was trying to get hired off the street and used to come in two hours under every day. The day he got made permanent he dropped anchor. Last driver in every night. lol.

22.4 driver

You believe what managers says ?