I really want to be hired as a package handler but my application is just "On File"

EliteBuzzy

Anyone know what on file means? Am I just waiting for someone to quit their job so I can take theirs? I really want to be hired, its the most ideal job to me. Feels depressing just being On File and not knowing. Almost like I'll be scrubbed away.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
How long on file? They hire a bunch in cycles every 2 months in the big places. So you could be waiting that long.

I want updates...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Anyone know what on file means? Am I just waiting for someone to quit their job so I can take theirs? I really want to be hired, its the most ideal job to me. Feels depressing just being On File and not knowing. Almost like I'll be scrubbed away.
just keep calling

EliteBuzzy

I didnt get any contact info or an email to get to, I hope I dont get side lined. Is there a way to get info or do I just call the UPS I applied to? I also noticed there are some businesses where if you follow up they put you on a do not hire list.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I didnt get any contact info or an email to get to, I hope I dont get side lined. Is there a way to get info or do I just call the UPS I applied to? I also noticed there are some businesses where if you follow up they put you on a do not hire list.
call the ups you put an app in at

Box Ox

Simply go tot site and just look at my status. Well, time to wait 1month- 1 year:anxious:

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect much right before the start of a new contract unless the Company needs more scabs on standby. In fact, it might even be a good thing that you’re not being processed through right now.

If they need more meat they’ll pull your number and get in touch.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
On no!...on file?...not good. The Browns could win a Superbowl before you get hired.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
count yourself lucky

if serious, be proactive and bug them. you'll be hired.

EliteBuzzy

seems like they planned it that way so they dont get bugged, I'll take my chances though, I assume the high turnover rate will land me a spot, I'm physically fit and motivated. Though it seems people in this chat have a little hatred for UPS, Maybe ill find out when I get in, (If). I just see myself as a labor worker that likes warehouse works.

MDX91

In my experience, I was called to apply after seasonal work. HR guy pretty much promised the job, to the point I turned down FedEx who had actually offered me the job to wait a 'couple days' for them to get me in there Ended up taking around a month and a half of calling the HR every couple days to get updates on when or whether I would be hired. Day I got hired he called to say I'd start next week and then called two hours later to ask if I could start in 45 minutes. Anyways, pre-interview not much you can do as far as I know. But get the guy's number during the interview if he didn't call you to the interview himself and you can probably talk your way in eventually. Telling them you want to drive helps. Been in the warehouse a few months and for all of them we've been short staffed. New hires every now and then, and people quitting every now and then. Also, if you do get hired, you're going to ask yourself why the :censored2: you ever thought this was a good idea within the first week out of sheer exhaustion. Remind yourself that you need a damn job and push through it. In a month or two it'll be easy.

EliteBuzzy

In my experience, I was called to apply after seasonal work. HR guy pretty much promised the job, to the point I turned down FedEx who had actually offered me the job to wait a 'couple days' for them to get me in there Ended up taking around a month and a half of calling the HR every couple days to get updates on when or whether I would be hired. Day I got hired he called to say I'd start next week and then called two hours later to ask if I could start in 45 minutes. Anyways, pre-interview not much you can do as far as I know. But get the guy's number during the interview if he didn't call you to the interview himself and you can probably talk your way in eventually. Telling them you want to drive helps. Been in the warehouse a few months and for all of them we've been short staffed. New hires every now and then, and people quitting every now and then. Also, if you do get hired, you're going to ask yourself why the :censored2: you ever thought this was a good idea within the first week out of sheer exhaustion. Remind yourself that you need a damn job and push through it. In a month or two it'll be easy.
Hah, I work a labor job at a house remodeling or construction. I lift 100 pounds frequently, I am not going to get exhausted at all, I view this job as less than my job, 4-6 hours short than my job, with benefits. Ever carry a barrel of asphalt roof? No? It ways a ton. So this job to me is like a step down in the pain, especially after 2 years, yea I was that dedicated. Soon as I went through a surgery though, they cut me off fast, knew i was useless for about a month and up to 3 more because I didnt want medical prooblems still needing to heal. That aside though, I will apply to fedex, if they ever hire in my damn area.