i received a warning ltr for complaining about different treatment of pkg car drvr's

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Re: i received a warning ltr for complaining about different treatment of pkg car drv

Recording lunch here is mandatory and failure to do so will result in a warning letter (we have had 2 that I know of). Code 5 let's you work for hours so that you can get done and get to your function on time. Code 5's require DM approval in our district. Code 5's have nothing to do with over dispatch.
Code 5 is also known as, "PAID ACTUAL".

You got this from the "Pirates Of The Caribean", didn't you?

PIRATE: "The Pirate's Code demands Hoaster walk the plank!!! We must follow the Code!!!"

HOAXTER: "Not so fast gentlemen. Besides, I've always thought of the Code more as just a set of . . . guidelines.":wink2:
LOL, ARGH!!!

over9five

Staff member
Re: i received a warning ltr for complaining about different treatment of pkg car drv

Excellent "Pirates" tie-in, Jon!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Hoax, there are criminal laws and there are civil laws. Breaking a criminal law may get you arrested, but only if a police officer personally witnesses the offense, or there is a Warrant out for your arrest. Many criminals are just called into court without being arrested. Others are never even caught.

Contract law is a part of civil law. It's against the law to violate the Contract's provisions, and there is an alphabet soup of government agencies that enforce these laws. But usually the violation must be reported. The agencies don't normally go looking for violators the way police cruise the streets.

Some provisions of the Contract only apply to the parties to the Contract. These provisions have the "force of law" even if you are uncomfortable calling them actual law.
- - - - -
You got this from the "Pirates Of The Caribean", didn't you?
:wink2:

I think we are finally in agreement ... our differences appear to be a matter of semantics.
The terms & conditions within the contract are not laws.
There are contract laws that govern the remediation if a party breeches the terms & conditions within the contract.
In regard to provisions - a term is any provision forming a part of the contract.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I think we are finally in agreement ... our differences appear to be a matter of semantics.
The terms & conditions within the contract are not laws.
There are contract laws that govern the remediation if a party breeches the terms & conditions within the contract.
In regard to provisions - a term is any provision forming a part of the contract.
This is as bad as Jones talking about computers. My eyes need a rest again.

brownman15

Sorry, none of that info for you, but some advice. Grieve the warning letter and take your full breaks. This will never happen to you again.

and take it in the time frame outlined in your contract

DS

Fenderbender

Elrod welcome to the browncafe.Thanks for becoming a member.As you can see this forum has a lot of upsers that like to offer advice,and after all,thats what you asked for.One thing that the bc has opened everyones eyes up to is the fact that ups is the same everywhere except the places where its different.I mean some have pas or edd or a satellite route or telematics or have the diad shut down at noon.Other places are more layed back.One thing is universal.Take your lunch.Record it when you take it.CYA.Dont steal time or falsify your time card.Speak your mind if you feel you are being asked to do the impossible,and show up every day on time.
And eat lots of fruit instead of pasta.

old brown shoe

30 year driver

All the drivers that are laid off would like to thank those who skip their lunch and breaks while they sit at home waiting for a call to work. I don't have to worry about it but feel bad for the laid off drivers. If the volume drops enough and the runners and gunners get laid off mabey they will think twice about the way they do their jobs.

UPSNewbie

Whether the contract is law or not, both the company and union agreed on said terms & conditions, which should be followed by BOTH sides.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave

Management loves when guys work for free. What you did was threaten their good thing that they have going on. Thats why you got the warning letter. Those drivers that are working for free are suckers spelled with a capital S.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Whether the contract is law or not, both the company and union agreed on said terms & conditions, which should be followed by BOTH sides.

Hard to argue with that.

Have not read the contract lately but from what I remembered a lot of it was written very ambiguously so it could be interpreted differently ... therein lies the crux of many of the issues.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

And eat lots of fruit instead of pasta.
Well, pasta too, as long as you don't slather it with all sorts of sauce and cheeses. Pasta is loaded with carbs.

All the drivers that are laid off would like to thank those who skip their lunch and breaks while they sit at home waiting for a call to work. I don't have to worry about it but feel bad for the laid off drivers. If the volume drops enough and the runners and gunners get laid off mabey they will think twice about the way they do their jobs.
No they won't. The least senior driver in my building was layed off. I took Tuesday off and he "ran" my route. He was done within 8hrs and was -121 underallowed. When I went back on Wednesday, I found out how he did this remarkable feat. He left the S back at the center. I'm surprised he didn't feel funny driving around all day with UP written on the side of the pkg car.

Management loves when guys work for free. What you did was threaten their good thing that they have going on. Thats why you got the warning letter. Those drivers that are working for free are suckers spelled with a capital S.
I'm glad it wasn't spelled with a capital friend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No they won't. The least senior driver in my building was layed off. I took Tuesday off and he "ran" my route. He was done within 8hrs and was -121 underallowed. When I went back on Wednesday, I found out how he did this remarkable feat. He left the S back at the center. I'm surprised he didn't feel funny driving around all day with UP written on the side of the pkg car.

Steve, today was Thursday. Service is reserved for Monday (Perfect Service Day).

Big Babooba

Steve, today was Thursday. Service is reserved for Monday (Perfect Service Day).
Time for a new logo?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Time for a new logo?
Like this one?:surprised:
up  s.jpg

New Englander

Recording lunch here is mandatory and failure to do so will result in a warning letter (we have had 2 that I know of). Code 5 let's you work for hours so that you can get done and get to your function on time. Code 5's require DM approval in our district. Code 5's have nothing to do with over dispatch.

Lol....Code 5's have nothing to do with dispatch?

Please......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lol....Code 5's have nothing to do with dispatch?

Please......

Whenever I request a Code 5 it is on the day that I want to get done early so by the time I get to the bldg and make the request the dispatch is complete and my pkg car is almost closed out.

Braveheart

8 drivers skip lunch and they can cut a route.

They are stealing from themselves about $10,000 per year.

They are helping UPS lay off swing and cover drivers so they are helping UPS steal from them as well.

Those who skip their lunch should be ashamed of themselves.

They are cheating the system by making themselves look like studs while others who take their lunch look like average or slack drivers.

It is one thing to do it when there is an emergency at home and UPS will not help out but whole different story to do it every day.

A

anonymous6

plus one amigo

shrimpfire

shrimpfire

Whenever I request a Code 5 it is on the day that I want to get done early so by the time I get to the bldg and make the request the dispatch is complete and my pkg car is almost closed out.
- U make more in overtime than u do in bonus.