I Refuse to believe that not one has a positive thought about FedEx.

Grounded

You can thank the Express employees for subsidizing health ins.for you since we pay almost $400 for a family.

Or perhaps, because ground is hugely successful we are paying for our own health care. Seeing as we are a separate opco with our own set of bills and taxes. But maybe I'm wrong, and FedEx chooses to not write off healthcare as a business expense and just hands out free money to other companies.

MAKAVELI

You can thank the Express employees for subsidizing health ins.for you since we pay almost $400 for a family.

Or perhaps, because ground is hugely successful we are paying for our own health care. Seeing as we are a separate opco with our own set of bills and taxes. But maybe I'm wrong, and FedEx chooses to not write off healthcare as a business expense and just hands out free money to other companies.
If you haven't noticed it all goes into the same pot, FDX. They are self insured so they set the rates. And just like us they will raise those rates every year.

Grounded

If you haven't noticed it all goes into the same pot, FDX. They are self insured so they set the rates. And just like us they will raise those rates every year.

Profits go in the same pot, but expenses do not. Express is not paying for my healthcare, I am and FDX ground is.

CJinx

I work for Ground, not as a driver but as station operations staff. I have to echo some of the statements here; this company has never been anything less than fair to me.

MAKAVELI

Believe what you want but if it all goes into the same pot it comes out of the same pot.

Strange. I seem to remember people insisting that it was Express money that built Ground.
It's elementary my dear Watson. Express was the first opco. Made money for years before ground was even a thought in Fred's evil mind. With that money he purchased RPS and built it into the profit monster sweat shop it is today.

Nick9075

There is unlimited opportunity, many drivers have become employees and have moved up. I understand the difficulties finding people who will work for that wage, but as you/ if you expand it becomes more feasible. Many contractors make a very, very livable wage.

Expand? I am barely making anything after expenses and paying employees which is why I am selling. It doesn't make economic sense for me to keep operating 3 routes where I am barely breaking even and probably making less than the average driver

bbsam

Staff member
It's elementary my dear Watson. Express was the first opco. Made money for years before ground was even a thought in Fred's evil mind. With that money he purchased RPS and built it into the profit monster sweat shop it is today.

That's a far different version than you have offered in the past

. You may as well admit it. From a business standpoint, uying RPS was a masterful stroke.

MAKAVELI

That's a far different version than you have offered in the past

. You may as well admit it. From a business standpoint, uying RPS was a masterful stroke.
If you subscribe to the Chinese way of doing business it is.

northbound

There is unlimited opportunity, many drivers have become employees and have moved up. I understand the difficulties finding people who will work for that wage, but as you/ if you expand it becomes more feasible. Many contractors make a very, very livable wage.

Expand? I am barely making anything after expenses and paying employees which is why I am selling. It doesn't make economic sense for me to keep operating 3 routes where I am barely breaking even and probably making less than the average driver

Agreed if dont know how to run a business you shouldn't

northbound

Yes for IC they set prices and ISP you negotiate rates. That being said if you can't run a profitable business with those rates no one to blame but yourself. I started with 1 and now operate 5 daily with 9 at peak. Under both IC and now ISP model.

Nick9075

Yes for IC they set prices and ISP you negotiate rates. That being said if you can't run a profitable business with those rates no one to blame but yourself. I started with 1 and now operate 5 daily with 9 at peak. Under both IC and now ISP model.

Yeah ok. But you likely aren't paying $700 a week for gas and tolls. And how can you make such assumptions given that much of everything is out of your control such as package volume, stops gas and tolls. Also, it is very hard to find qualified employees you know who will work for $800 a week with no benefits. I would pay more if I could but nearly impossible.

Nick9075

Wow !

Aren't you just Donald Trump.

So if your rates are set and your expenses are nearly fixed such as gas, tolls and labor how exactly can you run such a hugely profitable business? If you have a real full time job with a good salary and benefits than yes it is possible

SmithBarney

There is nothing wrong with FedEx if you think it's a JOB. But if you want to rely on it as a CAREER, then forget it. A very small percentage are willing, and even a smaller percentage are qualified to advance.(some might say some in management aren't qualified either)

So in short, FedEx offers great JOBS, but very limited Career options.

Unfortunately on the Express side, many were lured in by the prospect of making good money, those days are gone.
hey if you are right out of highschool or college go ahead work for 10 years as a single driver, opt for no health insurance
and you'll make good money, unfortunately I see many 45-50 yr olds(with 10-15 yrs in) who are now stuck, because they can't realistically
start over. On the flip side we have 5-10 crrs who are over 62, who can't leave because they can't afford to... there is something wrong with the system, when you have 25yr employees who still can't retire