I retired at 51!

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
To be honest I don’t know if your local allows it might have just been Ron H local
True still feeder work though, And we have a huge feeder department I cannot imagine having a bunch of part-timers running around our yard in shifters.
They’re part of the feeder department if they go shifter, but they work like 50-60 hours a week. Buddy of mine went shifting and he does easily 13 hours in a day, and another member told me that they need shifters. I wouldn’t mind because it’ll help when I eventually go feeder, but those hours are heavy. They need to make people full time, add language that if they work people for a certain amount of time they get bumped to full time along with the wages. They’re getting screwed over with the pension.

Thebrownblob

They’re part of the feeder department if they go shifter, but they work like 50-60 hours a week. Buddy of mine went shifting and he does easily 13 hours in a day, and another member told me that they need shifters. I wouldn’t mind because it’ll help when I eventually go feeder, but those hours are heavy. They need to make people full time, add language that if they work people for a certain amount of time they get bumped to full time along with the wages. They’re getting screwed over with the pension.
Complete joke that those are not full timers working those kind of hours. Robbing them of pension credit

Babagounj

Strength through joy
We’ll I suppose you’d be taxed right? It was put in before taxes you just don’t get the penalties drawing after you retire before 59.5. There are penalties for taking money before 59.5 if not
I've been taking out money from my 401K for years.
The formula is { ( amount removed ) minus $10 ( fee ) } times .746 equals what I would receive.
The 0.254 amount is what the Fed & state take for their share.

Best to remove the highest amounts prior to age 65.
Once you start on Medicare , your income level set what you will be charged for your premiums going forward for Part B { Medical Insurance } & Part D { Prescription Dug Plan } IRMAA.
IRMAA means Income-Related Monthly Adjustment Amounts, there is a sliding scale and it changes yearly.

Last edited: