i saw a package car driver today...

satellitedriver

in my apartment complex, he turned down a dead end street which is clearly marked dead end, drove all the way down the dead end and then backed up the whole way back (not enough room to turn around)

why would he do this? it wasnt that far to walk, and theres alot of kids that live here and the school bus had just dropped off a bunch of them 20 minutes before

pretty dangerous if u ask me...surely this is against the methods?

he also looked just like al bundy
How do the people that live on that street turn around?

DS

Fenderbender
I saw a package driver today oh my
he hadn't noticed that the lights had changed
he blew his mind out it his car
he'd read it once before but he really didn't
think he'd ever have to use it anymore ....

FORDMAN

i like people who dont drive or work as hard as we do can criticize our driving methods. let us deliver your package and leave us alone. u dont have another 150 houses to go.

City Driver

i like people who dont drive or work as hard as we do can criticize our driving methods. let us deliver your package and leave us alone. u dont have another 150 houses to go.

enjoy your neg rep

i dont care how hard you work, if somebody does somethin i think is unsafe on public property namely my apartment complex where kids play some of them being relatives, hell yea im gonna say somethin

you want me to turn the other way and act like i didnt see somethin so u can make your production rate?

browniehound

Does anyone else wish they could turn it off on the ride back to the center when its dark?

The light from the monitor really bothers me when I drive back and its dark. I liken it to having the interior light of your car on while drivng.

Why not have it shut off when the vehicle is in drive and on when the vehicle is reverse. It would save some battery power at the very least?

DS

Fenderbender
Does anyone else wish they could turn it off on the ride back to the center when its dark?

The light from the monitor really bothers me when I drive back and its dark. I liken it to having the interior light of your car on while drivng.

Why not have it shut off when the vehicle is in drive and on when the vehicle is reverse. It would save some battery power at the very least?
cover it if it bugs you that much

drewed

Shankman
enjoy your neg rep

i dont care how hard you work, if somebody does somethin i think is unsafe on public property namely my apartment complex where kids play some of them being relatives, hell yea im gonna say somethin

you want me to turn the other way and act like i didnt see somethin so u can make your production rate?

Bud, Im gonna point out the obvious and hopefully Im followed with this, you didnt say anything to the driver correct?

upsgrunt

With ours you can turn them off; if not just turn the contrast all the way to dark. I'm not recommending this, just noting the possibilities.

ups1990

We are taught to back first so if the delivery was at the end of the street, Al would still have to back down the dead end street the whole way. He might have thought he could turn in a driveway and turn around again. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Safety is a top priority so I'm sure he was careful in that situation.
Working for UPS, is a dead end street job.

If it was a cover driver, hopefully, he or she will never attempt this again. One should never back a truck the length of a football, who do they thing they are, LT.?

UPSNewbie

I saw an unsafe driver yesterday. He was at a QuikTrip (Atlanta people know what that is) taking a nap on his break and almost fell out of his package car.

No seat belt in use!

City Driver

Bud, Im gonna point out the obvious and hopefully Im followed with this, you didnt say anything to the driver correct?

yea i didnt say anything, didnt really have the chance to...i live on the 3rd floor and the dead end street is down the street from me, so i watched it from a distance

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

I don't know if I turn it off but I push and turn the buttons until it's black. Half hour ride down the interstate at night with that thing on, no thanks.

bluehdmc

They could be wired into the backup lights on the truck. They have those cameras in motorhomes and some buses. They don't go on until they put the vehicle in reverse. Of course this is UPS, so the person who designed the system doesn't drive a package car, never did, and so is not distracted by it every day. (He's probably the same guy who said, "Who needs power steering?"

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
You can't fault the guy for driving down the street and then backing all the way back down it. Its obvious he didn't know that he couldn't turn around. He probably was never on that street previously. If he did it again and again and again then you could get your panties in a bunch.