I still don't see it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ground was pushed over the weekend, I know because I did a RS on a iron skillet I got from Amazon ( came with a crack in it) and the order was shipped on Saturday. I received my replacement order on Monday from Ky to Ga traveling all the way through UPS with ground status. I literally did the RS claim mid morning EST and got a shipping text from Amazon that night.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Greater than average number of supervisors working this peak. Bottom line. Union looking the other way.

As far as package numbers, it has been busy and certainly busier than last year.

Notretiredyet

Haven't worked less than 11hrs since Thanksgiving, this year the brain trust in IE has decided that those of us who have commercial routes need to have at least 60 to del after our pickups. Hasn't been working out to well though, as many haven't been finishing without help everyday. We have people sent home each day also.

danlin

So far easiest peak ever for me and this is my 33rd one. Yesterday division manger unloaded a trailer and managers and sups working the belt. Not sure if we can't find anyone or if they are just getting away with it because of the time of year. Monday many of us drivers punched in at 8:30 and banged off at 5:30, no helpers!!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Greater than average number of supervisors working this peak. Bottom line. Union looking the other way.

As far as package numbers, it has been busy and certainly busier than last year.

My center ran voluntary Saturday and Sunday sorts, almost 9 hours both days. The 10 minute break for 9 hours worked and the crazy volume pissed so many people off hardly anyone came in on Sunday.

There were more supervisors loading than there were package handlers. At one point I actually saw a guy in a suit loading. I love the overtime but it was a little bit ridiculous.

barnyard

KTM rider
The week of cyber Monday was heavier than last year's peak. Then it fell off. We have 3-4 people going home everyday. If our peak week is heavier than the cyber Monday week, we could be screwed.

Our volume was higher than last year but has now tapered to less than last year. We now have sign up sheets for those that want days off, peak temps are going back to package, brokers are being cut out of the picture.

packageguy

This peak is significantly lighter than the last in my building. I know there is still plenty of time before Christmas for volume to come in, but I have yet to see it.

I remember one specific route that was created last year around December. That route was in for the entire season. The same route was created this year, and it has been cut two days in a row now. They are cutting routes here and cramming as much as possible onto existing routes. We were coming into preload at 2:30 for a couple of weeks now. This week they pushed it forward to 2:45. It's closer to Christmas and we're starting later? I don't get it...

The driver I'm helping this season was running a route with 353 stops today, not because of heavy volume, but because of all the cut routes. Another driver picked up 43, and we finished by 7pm.

Volume has increased, but this is definitely not peak.

For us it's peak, volume is there, but remember Thanksgiving was early this year.
So there is an extra week for customer to shop and ship, So it's spread out more...

WhereDoIWorkAgain

We've had more volume but it hasn't been insane this year as it was last. I agree on sups and such working and we have a good number of seasonal and people from nights working double shifts. Which is part of why we have sups working, since they are "training" the new people. My theory is we projected a big uptick in the amount of volume, got a moderate one, and it is more spread out due to holiday timing this year. Also very odd is that our busy days have changed with Mondays being outrageous Tuesdays light Wednesdays heavy, and Thursdays very heavy. Previously Mondays were dead, and it would build Tuesday, Wednesday heaviest, and go down.

OptimusPrime

Sounds about right to me.

They have been throwing helper hours around like candy. I only delivery marginally faster with my helper. (Because I can sort the truck). And they let me keep him as long as I want. Had 202 stops today. All residentials. Right at ten hours. Though 56 stops were signature required apartments.