I want a career not a job!

code 019 at ur moms

Another part of what I'm hearing (I've already written about this) is that Express will open up the "hiring spigot" this autumn, bringing in a large number of part-time Couriers to operate all those vacant routes that now exist. They want to wait until D-ROADS is perfected, because they don't want to train them in "traditional" methods of getting volume off. One bit of information I'm trying to get is whether the curriculum for Courier training will radically alter in the coming months - altered to train Couriers SOLELY for operations under D-ROADS.
this is actually happening. I was told that people taking courier class after july will be in a totally different program. I can try to find out what it's changing into

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Supposedly courier class and defensive driving are now integrated. This sounds entertaining, but now that they are making being a courier monkey work, guess it makes sense.

Myort

I took courier class over 5 years ago. There was very little taught about getting volume off. It was pretty much all about how to process pickups and deliveries and all of the different scenerios on the powerpad.

bbsam

Staff member
Ground operating margin 20% up from 18.4%. Express margin down. Can't remember the numbers, but I would say those numbers mean a huge shake-up is about to occur. I'm not sure this is going to be slow and calm.

whenIgetthere

Ground operating margin 20% up from 18.4%. Express margin down. Can't remember the numbers, but I would say those numbers mean a huge shake-up is about to occur. I'm not sure this is going to be slow and calm.

After seeing a 20% margin, how long before contractors start looking for more of the pie?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And that is why some of us so vigorously disagree with you. When stating our position you always put it into extremes. We don't just want better pay, we want too much(according to you).

You're right, there is no point in arguing. I've never said as much, but you keep insisting that that's what I'm saying when all I've said is, in summary, the business world has changed dramatically in the last many year, continues to do so, and will continue to do so. With those changes come changes to our industry whether we like them or not and there's essentially nothing that can be done to stop them. You can --and do-- interpret it as you wish, so I'll just let it go.

But even you must agree that major changes in how Express operates are imminent

I posted a link that predicted what they'll be. I guess you missed it.

We've made terrible mistakes in our personal lives and expect FedEx to make up for it, or something to that effect.

Not even close. I said you've have opportunities to to pursue better paying positions within the company that you didn't pursue. How you managed to twist that into me saying you made a "terrible mistake in your personal life" is beyond me.

It looks like FedEx isn't your biggest problem.