I would think the DM would have better things to do December 16..............

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were told in our morning PCM that our DM was 'very displeased' with the past weeks Telematics reports,and was going to be in the area 'doing observations' and further more 'immediate discipline' would be meted out to any one <gasp> not following the methods!!!

We all got this OMS message later in the day,and it DID make me chuckle
diad.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
...at least it wasn't sent "response required"....

I hate those 2nd grade reminders. Just let us do our damn jobs.
One of the things I told my OR in our meeting Thurs morning (OR, HR, Steward and myself w/BA on the phone) was in reference to exactly this kind of thing. Specifically what I said was, "If you can't trust me to do my job, if you want to micro-manage my time, you will find the best stupid truck driver you have, in me. I will make you micro-manage every minute of my day."

It was kinda nice to have a meeting, to be able to say exactly what I thought of certain incidences that have happened this past 2 weeks and OR had to sit there and listen. A week ago this past Thurs he gave me 2 warning letters. 1 was an Art. 37 and that one he would not allow me to say anything. NO DISCUSSION. NO REASON WHY. NO EXPLANATION. I had to look at the pittsburgh later to even know what the 37 was for. A week later I had my turn. He was not allowed to say anything. I called a liar a liar.

This whole thing is far from over with. Grievances are filed, NLRB is in the works and HR is working on their end of things (not that I expect anything from HR). We'll see....................

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually DM's don't have anything better to do. Once they have thrown their daily dart at the board to see how many drivers they will tell their center manager's to put on the road for the day their day is done. Its either head out to play a round of golf or go harrass a peon just for the fun of it.

browndevil

We were told in our morning PCM that our DM was 'very displeased' with the past weeks Telematics reports,and was going to be in the area 'doing observations' and further more 'immediate discipline' would be meted out to any one <gasp> not following the methods!!!

You were told "Have a great day"? Count your blessings I have never been told that via message :)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hah, Our Division Manager works out of my building and hasn't said anything at all about telematics. Our District Manager has been in the building a couple of times lately though. I looked at a telematics report the other day and had 96 backs with 219 stops.....I guess I will get in trouble after Peak!

Integrity

Binge Poster

728ups,

This message exposes some of the coverup culture that exists in large corporations.

The proper management technique would be to not inform the low level management of these observations.

Take objective unbias observations and then hold the management team accountable for the measurement whether poor or excellent.

Middle level management should be holding low level management accountable for holding the hourly employees accountable.

They should not be holding the hourly employees accountable directly.

This undermines the lower level managements authority and responsibility.

This also creates the culture to be deceptive and to do the job the right way when the upper management are in the area and to do whatever is necessary when they are not, even if it is wrong.

Sincerely,
I

upsgrunt

Hah, Our Division Manager works out of my building and hasn't said anything at all about telematics. Our District Manager has been in the building a couple of times lately though. I looked at a telematics report the other day and had 96 backs with 219 stops.....I guess I will get in trouble after Peak!

Wow Scratch,
I felt bad about my 59 backs on 135 stops.

Re-Raise

Wow Scratch,
I felt bad about my 59 backs on 135 stops.

We are supposed to get telematics in February. Should be fun. I hope to have more backs than stops the first week or so. I don't like to set the bar too high right out of the gate.

Hey Grunt.. how about the decent weather this peak? Looks okay for next week also. My wife says I have actually been okay to live with this peak.

I looked at a telematics report the other day and had 96 backs with 219 stops.....I guess I will get in trouble after Peak!

I ball parked the math not too long ago and came up with something in the neighborhood of 200k backs in 200k moves. Amazing how they don`t blink an eye at us doing it but wet themselves if you guys feel the need.

On the subject of Div managers we had one until last year who during peak would be out in front of dispatch directing traffic. Never got run over for some reason..................uh, fortunately.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I ball parked the math not too long ago and came up with something in the neighborhood of 200k backs in 200k moves. Amazing how they don`t blink an eye at us doing it but wet themselves if you guys feel the need.

On the subject of Div managers we had one until last year who during peak would be out in front of dispatch directing traffic. Never got run over for some reason..................uh, fortunately.

Ours does that. It probably makes him feel important to stand out in the parking lot, wearing his orange vest and waving package cars through the gate as though we wouldnt be able to find our way out onto the street without his help.

HULKAMANIA

All I gotta say is why dont they put some people in management that have actually done the job. I want to see a DM, or center manager take a P1000 down some of the dead end streets I have to go on and NOT BACK. Im NOT going to walk a package off 1/4 mile.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ours does that. It probably makes him feel important to stand out in the parking lot, wearing his orange vest and waving package cars through the gate as though we wouldnt be able to find our way out onto the street without his help.

Wouldn't it be a sight, if someday a sick driver stopped and puked all over his shoes. :rofl:

upsgrunt

We are supposed to get telematics in February. Should be fun. I hope to have more backs than stops the first week or so. I don't like to set the bar too high right out of the gate.

Hey Grunt.. how about the decent weather this peak? Looks okay for next week also. My wife says I have actually been okay to live with this peak.

Ain't that the truth!
Last year we had 21 inches of snow in December and this year NONE. It's funny how much difference that can make.
If this hasn't been the best peak for me, it is certainly top 3 during my time.

rocket man

id say that picture took about 20 seconds to take and put cell phone a way according to the post a few weeks ago ABOUT HOW MUCH WE ARE SPENDING EVERY SECOND. the picture cost about TWENTY THOUSAND TO TAKE AND READ GOOD JOB.