IBT on the cameras

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
1FF74C61-0752-4170-A082-145E23C323DD.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Imagine the impact of a strike. We do NOT have the support of the American consumer like we did in the 90s. People need their Airpods, Hello Fresh boxes and chocolate-flavored :censored2:s and they need them NOW.

I think over the last two years a lot of Americans have gotten pretty fed up with corporations. I think we'd get plenty of support from people who want to stick it to 'em.

542thruNthru

I think over the last two years a lot of Americans have gotten pretty fed up with corporations. I think we'd get plenty of support from people who want to stick it to 'em.
I think America is extremely divided. I also believe that most people hate anyone that gets something they don't get.

My worry is when UPS starts announcing our benefits for PT and FT and how much FT drivers make that many will treat us like we are baseball players on strike.

We'll have our support from certain groups but I think a lot of middle class will be upset with what we get.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think America is extremely divided. I also believe that most people hate anyone that gets something they don't get.

My worry is when UPS starts announcing our benefits for PT and FT and how much FT drivers make that many will treat us like we are baseball players on strike.

We'll have our support from certain groups but I think a lot of middle class will be upset with what we get.

Why? We barely qualify as middle class. Most working class will be happy to know that there are still jobs that pay. If the IBT plays it smart they'll use the situation to set off major organization campaigns. "Look what we're doing for our members. You want this? Let's talk about what Teamsters can do for you."

542thruNthru

Why? We barely qualify as middle class. Most working class will be happy to know that there are still jobs that pay. If the IBT plays it smart they'll use the situation to set off major organization campaigns. "Look what we're doing for our members. You want this? Let's talk about what Teamsters can do for you."
You're an educated person and know better. Most just see someone that gets things they don't and think they need to keep their mouth shut and get back to work.

Personally I don't think it's going to come down to what the public thinks. Look at how bad Amazon is and how bad their employees are treated also. Yet people still keep buying. It's going to come down to UPS losing customers and money. We'll be out there whether the public supports us or not. If they do, it will help keep moral up if they don't than we need to stay strong and ignore the ignorant idiots screaming from their cars.

That's just my take on it though.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There's a salary transparency movement floating around left wing circles.

You can open TikTok and there's more than a few accounts like "salarytransparencystreet", going around interviewing people having them ramble about how much they make.

I'm embarrassed for the idiots who answer the questions, but I assure you those highly educated under paid suckers won't feel sorry for us.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There's a salary transparency movement floating around left wing circles.

You can open TikTok and there's more than a few accounts like "salarytransparencystreet", going around interviewing people having them ramble about how much they make.

I'm embarrassed for the idiots who answer the questions, but I assure you those highly educated under paid suckers won't feel sorry for us.

You're an educated person and know better. Most just see someone that gets things they don't and think they need to keep their mouth shut and get back to work.

Personally I don't think it's going to come down to what the public thinks. Look at how bad Amazon is and how bad their employees are treated also. Yet people still keep buying. It's going to come down to UPS losing customers and money. We'll be out there whether the public supports us or not. If they do, it will help keep moral up if they don't than we need to stay strong and ignore the ignorant idiots screaming from their cars.

At this point, things are changing so fast, it's hard to say what might or might not happen some 18 months from now. There might not be much of a supply chain left, and not getting flip flops delivered to their door may be the least of anyone's worries.

Maybe we'll all be turning on each other, or maybe we'll focus our starvation induced rage where it belongs.

Whither

Scofflaw

That's the spirit! And besides, the only case we can make to "the public" is as fellow workers struggling w inflation and overbearing workplaces. No point in appealing to people as consumers -- they'll just see the inconvenience of having their orders delayed.