Strike Vulnerable to Political and Media Pressure

The basis of this scenario looks to be quite accurate, but I think the opposite might happen.
If the corporate media, and the Biden administration start accusing us of hurting an already fragile economy the mindless herd behavior you’re accurately observing may be directed against us.

Personally, I expect the Biden administration along with the media to cast us as new “anti -vaxxers” or some other kind of public enemy that’s trying to “kill democracy”.

That being said, the scenario you described would be a total PR victory for us, and is the outcome we should be striving for, because it would make us invincible.
Right wing conspiracy theories are endless.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The basis of this scenario looks to be quite accurate, but I think the opposite might happen.
If the corporate media, and the Biden administration start accusing us of hurting an already fragile economy the mindless herd behavior you’re accurately observing may be directed against us.

Personally, I expect the Biden administration along with the media to cast us as new “anti -vaxxers” or some other kind of public enemy that’s trying to “kill democracy”.

That being said, the scenario you described would be a total PR victory for us, and is the outcome we should be striving for, because it would make us invincible.

Historically these people are on the side of labor. Even if they wanted to end the strike, it's highly unlikely they would villify us. If the "passing out on camera" idea isn't anyone's cup of tea, we could take to social media and give our testimonials as to why we need the things we are asking for. Maybe throw in the fact that we acknowledge the job takes care of us drivers financially, but the personal trade offs are excessive. I could go on about all the family special occasions I've missed because of this job, the fact that we can't ever take vacations as a family because the guys with school age kids can never get summer vacations, the fact that we sacrifice our holidays at peak season to help take care of everyone else, other undesirable working conditions, etc. Part timers could talk about their pay issues and constantly being short staffed. The teamsters could montage the most sympathetic stories/members and send that out as part of a press release, or we could share the vids around and try to get them to go viral.