IBT Vote

JustDeliverIt

I believe it took 3 or 4 days last time. You'll be able to track the results through out though.

Ok, that’s what I thought is that it took 5 days or so to post results but didn’t exactly remember. Wasn’t sure if there was some sort of set timeline to announce anything that I didn’t see.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Why even join the union if you don’t want to vote? This stuff pisses me off

There are 1,300,000 Teamsters that were eligible to vote in this election, so far only 180,000 bothered to turn in a ballot. 35% of our total membership are 400,000 UPSers, it would be interesting to see which collective bargaining units even voted?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There are 1,300,000 Teamsters that were eligible to vote in this election, so far only 180,000 bothered to turn in a ballot. 35% of our total membership are 400,000 UPSers, it would be interesting to see which collective bargaining units even voted?
A non vote is a vote for whatever the voting population decides.

Most Teamsters are clueless to union politics.

BrownStains

You say to vote but Who are we supposed to vote for ? Vairma vs O’Brien ? I don’t know a thing about either one of these aside from what’s in the teamster mailers .

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You say to vote but Who are we supposed to vote for ? Vairma vs O’Brien ? I don’t know a thing about either one of these aside from what’s in the teamster mailers .
Vamoose is a Hoffa guy.

That's what our local says anyway.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Have a 26 year driver that doesn't know our contracts start and end in August and July. He also doesn't know how long until he can retire because he doesn't understand the basic math of PEER 80. I don't know why I'm still surprised when I see this kind of voter turnout, but I somehow still am.
Maybe the union should do a little more community outreach.

Wrong. Maybe the members should be a little more concerned about who’s gonna be making policy and negotiating for them.
Recently I called the Union Hall and asked for replacement union card.
I looked at the bottom and I actually had a sworn on date on it.
Back then you had to go to the Union Hall to get your card.

I wonder how many people have done that now?

sketch-1636500014380.jpg