Ideas for new diads ?

Notretiredyet

Leave it the way it is, at least until 2017 I don't want to learn how to use another diad. I started on paper and I still miss it, simpler times.

moldsporh

How bout a diad that the customers left thumb doesn't hit the signature button!! Diad 4 was the same.

Also.....Who the heck designed a board that you have to reach your thumb over to the far corner of the board and press a soft key for delivery?? How many freaking deliveries are made a day?

MAKE IT A EFFING HARD KEY STUPID!

Rant over

Overpaid Union Thug

A DIAD with a functioning camera and the ability to send the pics as an ODS message would be nice. I'd like to snap a small pic of Damaged packages because here sheeting a package as missed (because they took Damaged out of the DIAD) creates a crap storm at the center.

These idiots either can't figure out that a package sheeted as Missed in the middle of the day is actually Damaged. I like to time how long it takes to get the green light of death in the DIAD after sheeting damages. LOL.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A DIAD with a functioning camera and the ability to send the pics as an ODS message would be nice. I'd like to snap a small pic of Damaged packages because here sheeting a package as missed (because they took Damaged out of the DIAD) creates a crap storm at the center.

These idiots either can't figure out that a package sheeted as Missed in the middle of the day is actually Damaged. I like to time how long it takes to get the green light of death in the DIAD after sheeting damages. LOL.

I use my cell phone to take pics of crushed pkgs and two or more pkgs with the same bar code. I send them to my on-car and center manager.

Bottom rung

No cameras, that's a slippery slope. Then they'll move the diad holder in the car and watch you drive. They'll never have that kind of technology and not use it against the employees. If you think otherwise, you should take the blinders off.

oldngray

nowhere special
No cameras, that's a slippery slope. Then they'll move the diad holder in the car and watch you drive. They'll never have that kind of technology and not use it against the employees. If you think otherwise, you should take the blinders off.

It would be done supposedly in the name of safety but then used for discipline.

Overpaid Union Thug

I use my cell phone to take pics of crushed pkgs and two or more pkgs with the same bar code. I send them to my on-car and center manager.
Using my cell phone to communicate with the center is a habit I'm trying to curtail because it opens the door for harrasment. I use the DIAD. When they go ape shiite over missed/Damaged packages the first thing they do is send idiotic questions on the DIAD and then try and call or tell me to call so they can meet me somewhere to inspect the package. I refuse to play phone tag to accommodate their harrasment. Making it hard to communicate with me makes them think twice about it.

I have nothing to hide. And using a DIAD camera to film us would be beyond impractical. And a battery killer.

Bottom rung

Everytime you take a drink of water while driving or wait too long to check your mirrors while driving, pick your nose or scratch your butt. They'll go after you for not following methods. Whether any of us have anything to hide, watching us is silly. It'll just be another tool to get rid of employees that give management grief.

Bottom rung

Using my cell phone to communicate with the center is a habit I'm trying to curtail because it opens the door for harrasment. I use the DIAD. When they go ape shiite over missed/Damaged packages the first thing they do is send idiotic questions on the DIAD and then try and call or tell me to call so they can meet me somewhere to inspect the package. I refuse to play phone tag to accommodate their harrasment. Making it hard to communicate with me makes them think twice about it.

I have nothing to hide. And using a DIAD camera to film us would be beyond impractical. And a battery killer.
Impractical you say? That means corporate will be full steam ahead!

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Would the general public want their finger print to be held by ups?

I like it but you have to have a finger print I guess to verify it. Even then it's just as safe as some one writing the wrong name down.

They don't have to know....plus ups could send the data to all police agencies and get more scumbags of the street. It's a win win !