Idling With Tatlematics

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In my old 7 cube,I was showing 10 to 15 delivery while idling.
Was accused of riding around with packages in cab. Supervisor was sent out with instructions to take me out of service the first time i was caught doing this. you have to wonder how dumb some of these so called educated mgmt people reading these reports are. I asked to see the report showing where these incidents supposedly happened. Within 1 minute i figured out they were all at pickup stops that had no pkgs going out so the bulkhead door was not opened.For some reason it was showing delivery while idling if bulkhead door wasn't opened and closed. Their solution was not to fix it but i was told i had to open and close the bulkhead door at every stop. Loved showing my customers what brilliant people i work for by showing them this.
I would not do that, I would continue to work exactly the same way (the correct way) and let them keep eating that stupid report until they figured out how to correct it. Their system, their problem. Not mine.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...If telematics is new to you just keep your eye on them because there can be errors that will show. ....Just keep your eye on it..

I am a UPS driver. My job....is to deliver and pick up our customers packages. I have much more important things to worry about than whether or not I show up on some Telematics report. If I wanted to manipulate and obsess over a bunch of meaningless numbers for a living, I would have gone into UPS management instead.

rocket man

Just went live with telematics. We were told we no longer can idle during lunch. The rural route guys bring a lunch box for lunch. No restaurants in the woods. Considering that it gets to 30 below here what's our options?
hmmm 30 below or leave the pkg car running and they will yell at me hhmmmmm ill go for the yelling or you leave the flashers on for a hour at 30 below with the pkg car off make sure your phone works to call mech im sure they will love to come and jump start you pkg car ASK A SUPERVISOR TO GO WITH YOU PICK A LUNCH SPOT NEAR NOWHERE SEE IF THEY LET THE CAR RUN. if we dont here from you i guess you froze

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know what getting yelled at by a supervisor over a Telematics report has in common with "American Idol?"

Both of them are nothing but random noise that doesnt mean jack sh%t.