If Bezos bought UPS What is the selling price?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Does he he have the cash to do it?

Are we talking Bezos personally, or Amazon? I don't really have an idea of Amazon's cash situation. But either way they would likely have to sell enough shares to devalue their stock price to make the acquisition. Not that Amazon/Bezos would shy away from doing so if they wanted to.

Not to mention, the sale would have to be approved by the UPS shareholders, and I believe the UPS stock would become Amazon stock, which would devalue Amazon stock price even further. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Cloud

Are we talking Bezos personally, or Amazon? I don't really have an idea of Amazon's cash situation. But either way they would likely have to sell enough shares to devalue their stock price to make the acquisition. Not that Amazon/Bezos would shy away from doing so if they wanted to.

Not to mention, the sale would have to be approved by the UPS shareholders, and I believe the UPS stock would become Amazon stock, which would devalue Amazon stock price even further. Correct me if I am wrong.

That would only happen if it was a merger between the 2 companies, but I don't think there's any way that's gonna happen with 2 companies of this size.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That would only happen if it was a merger between the 2 companies, but I don't think there's any way that's gonna happen with 2 companies of this size.

Yeah, I guess they could keep UPS as a subsidiary, or they could keep the equipment and properties and dissolve UPS.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Amazon's net worth is about $1,000.000,000,000 and UPS is about $80,000,000,000. I don't think it will ever happen.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
'
fullsizeoutput_aab.jpeg

Don't laugh, it's already happening.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

class A stock gets 10 votes per share
Class B stock gets 1 vote per share

guess who holds the majority of class A