IF DRA Fails?

thedownhillEXPRESS

BB is right.
something has to change fundamentally, but when will it?

I am in the middle of an interesting read about FDR and his fights with the Surpreme court in implementing the New Deal programs.
Any of you Obama haters should read what FDR did, this was a man and administration that really rolled any opposition to take control, nothing like all this fake right wing outrage at everything Obama does.

Early on in Obamas first term I believed he and the Dems would have followed this much more decisive and strong armed path then they have.
Reid refusing to implement filibuster reform is one prime example of lost opportunity.

Maybe by the time I'm in my old age we will have a stronger FDR type movement in this nation to strip some of the power away from the ultra wealthy and the corporations.

DontThrowPackages

BB is right.

I am in the middle of an interesting read about FDR and his fights with the Surpreme court in implementing the New Deal programs.
Any of you Obama haters should read what FDR did, this was a man and administration that really rolled any opposition to take control, nothing like all this fake right wing outrage at everything Obama does.

Early on in Obamas first term I believed he and the Dems would have followed this much more decisive and strong armed path then they have.
Reid refusing to implement filibuster reform is one prime example of lost opportunity.

Maybe by the time I'm in my old age we will have a stronger FDR type movement in this nation to strip some of the power away from the ultra wealthy and the corporations.
Maybe the poor will get past their bigotry and vote in their true interest. We have one more reason to question why any average working, middle class, person would vote for these guys. "Working Families Flexibility act" is a bill past by House GOP that basically eliminates Overtime pay. Yeah, soon, there may come a time when the company can tell you all no OT pay from here on out. This all taking place while all we hear about is 4 Dead Americans. Lets see what else they can come up with to destroy the working class.

vantexan

BB is right.

And historians believe FDR exacerbated the Great Depression with government intervention instead of letting things run their course. As far as hating Obama, the IRS office in Cincinnati, which is in charge of approving tax exempt status to organizations for the entire country was setting aside conservative group applications for months while speeding liberal applications through. And these conservative groups were having to answer all kinds of invasive questions that the liberal groups weren't subjected to. Also Obama's campaign named 8 large contributors to Romney on the campaign's website, stating that they had had trouble with the law, etc, none of it true. One of them, an Idaho businessman named Vandersloot, was audited 3 times by the IRS and the Dept of Labor in the months after his contribution. Ended up that the government found they owed him a refund, which they have yet to release. But he had to spend $80,000 on legal and accounting fees to defend himself. And then there's the matter of pulling the phone records of about 200 AP reporters and editors to find a leak in the White House. Even the sympathetic press is angry about that. And the details about Benghazi are coming out from Congressional hearings. Like when a Congressional delegation went to Tripoli to talk to the second in command who has testified that he was begging for help from Hilary. The State Dept sent a lawyer to sit in on that meeting in Tripoli and wouldn't let their guy answer most of the questions the Congressmen had. This administration, which Obama claimed would be the most transparent ever, is anything but. They are doing things that are at best borderline legal, and the IRS situation appears to have broken numerous laws. If you think that it's ok to break laws as long as it's your guy, then you are no better than those who gave Nixon a pass. And lord knows the Left screamed about Nixon, and Reagan, and both Bushes. But Obama has spent us to near bankruptcy, has circumvented Congressional authority with all the czars, refused to enforce certain laws, and now this. For all you Republican haters who were declaring the Republican Party dead, better brace yourself. Your guy has done more than even Clinton and Carter to reinvigorate the Republicans, and he may be lucky to not get impeached. As David Letterman said, what will keep him from being impeached are two words: President Biden. God help us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe the poor will get past their bigotry and vote in their true interest. We have one more reason to question why any average working, middle class, person would vote for these guys. "Working Families Flexibility act" is a bill past by House GOP that basically eliminates Overtime pay. Yeah, soon, there may come a time when the company can tell you all no OT pay from here on out. This all taking place while all we hear about is 4 Dead Americans. Lets see what else they can come up with to destroy the working class.

GOP=Corporate America, pure and simple. Anyone who thinks these assclowns represent the Average Joe is delusional. The Dems aren't much better, but at least they lean more toward working-class Americans. Obama has been notoriously weak, but a lot of that is due to an obstructionist GOP House. This still doesn't excuse his wussy first term, when he DID have a majority to work with...and did nothing to change the status quo.

vantexan

GOP=Corporate America, pure and simple. Anyone who thinks these assclowns represent the Average Joe is delusional. The Dems aren't much better, but at least they lean more toward working-class Americans. Obama has been notoriously weak, but a lot of that is due to an obstructionist GOP House. This still doesn't excuse his wussy first term, when he DID have a majority to work with...and did nothing to change the status quo.

The GOP House kept him from spending us into oblivion. Geez, why are you guys so free and easy with money we don't have?

MAKAVELI

The GOP House kept him from spending us into oblivion. Geez, why are you guys so free and easy with money we don't have?
And yet you don't mention the trillions spent in Iraq which we had no business invading. It seems like a double standard there when it comes to your party doing the spending

DontThrowPackages

Is what the government spends worth to you, losing so much of what the generations before us left us with in terms of working conditions? I use to care about Americas Debt but, as long as they keep giving other countries boats loads of money and continue these costly wars, I can't care less. If you truly were in debt, would you continue giving your family or friends free money? Would you continue to go on world wide hunting vacations, if you really were in debt? Maybe the debt is real. Maybe its just another created tool to keep Americans scared. But what good is a balance budget to me if all my rights as a working in the United States of America have been stripped away?

vantexan

Is what the government spends worth to you, losing so much of what the generations before us left us with in terms of working conditions? I use to care about Americas Debt but, as long as they keep giving other countries boats loads of money and continue these costly wars, I can't care less. If you truly were in debt, would you continue giving your family or friends free money? Would you continue to go on world wide hunting vacations, if you really were in debt? Maybe the debt is real. Maybe its just another created tool to keep Americans scared. But what good is a balance budget to me if all my rights as a working in the United States of America have been stripped away?

I agree but the money isn't free, someone has to pay, and when you spend more than you take in and start printing money to cover the interest on the debt that you couldn't afford to take on, eventually you'll have the same house of cards that crashed in 2008. Only this time it's our currency. Everyone being greedy, from the top down, needs to stop. Won't happen, and what's coming is inevitable. We keep talking about what's coming at Express, but turn a blind eye to what's happening in Washington. Bush spent alot, but not this much. Does that make me feel better? No, there's little satisfaction in knowing that a President who was supposed to be fiscally conservative spent like a drunken sailor. And I'm very tired of using our troops to advance the agenda of the greedy instead of being there to just protect us. War is very profitable for certain interests. I don't expect these problems to be fixed in our lifetime or 10 lifetimes. But I do expect that the current President, no matter who it is, should be working towards creating an environment that produces opportunities to make a decent living, not this dog eat dog circus we have now. Everyone blames Bush for 2008 but before it all went south the economy was very strong for a number of years due to his taxcuts. Then greed took over and there were numerous players in the crash including many of our neighbors. And if you noticed those tax cuts have remained for most. About the only way out of this mountain of debt is a super strong economy which always brings in alot more revenue and then responsible use of that revenue.

DontThrowPackages

Wow. R1a is right. Are we that divided that we can't get together for ANYTHING?

No one in this economy is willing to take the risk. Only when they have lost everything will they, from the other side of the security fence, try to organize. By then they can do nothing. People will just sit and take it. Take it until they have lost everything. Van said these problems won't be fixed in 10 lifetimes and I believe that. It's hard to remove greed from capitalism. Especially when one billionaire is bragging to another billionaire about a 65 million dollar summer home he bought in Florida. Looks like someone is about to squeeze more lemon juice from his workforce to one up his billionaire friend. And he won't even thank you and your kids for making do will less so he could have a pissing contest with is friend. In Los Angeles there was an ex cop who lost it. Years ago, a few in the post office went postal. I predicted by 2020 something may happen. I pray I'm on vacation if that/those days ever happened.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And historians believe FDR exacerbated the Great Depression with government intervention instead of letting things run their course. As far as hating Obama, the IRS office in Cincinnati, which is in charge of approving tax exempt status to organizations for the entire country was setting aside conservative group applications for months while speeding liberal applications through. And these conservative groups were having to answer all kinds of invasive questions that the liberal groups weren't subjected to. Also Obama's campaign named 8 large contributors to Romney on the campaign's website, stating that they had had trouble with the law, etc, none of it true. One of them, an Idaho businessman named Vandersloot, was audited 3 times by the IRS and the Dept of Labor in the months after his contribution. Ended up that the government found they owed him a refund, which they have yet to release. But he had to spend $80,000 on legal and accounting fees to defend himself. And then there's the matter of pulling the phone records of about 200 AP reporters and editors to find a leak in the White House. Even the sympathetic press is angry about that. And the details about Benghazi are coming out from Congressional hearings. Like when a Congressional delegation went to Tripoli to talk to the second in command who has testified that he was begging for help from Hilary. The State Dept sent a lawyer to sit in on that meeting in Tripoli and wouldn't let their guy answer most of the questions the Congressmen had. This administration, which Obama claimed would be the most transparent ever, is anything but. They are doing things that are at best borderline legal, and the IRS situation appears to have broken numerous laws. If you think that it's ok to break laws as long as it's your guy, then you are no better than those who gave Nixon a pass. And lord knows the Left screamed about Nixon, and Reagan, and both Bushes. But Obama has spent us to near bankruptcy, has circumvented Congressional authority with all the czars, refused to enforce certain laws, and now this. For all you Republican haters who were declaring the Republican Party dead, better brace yourself. Your guy has done more than even Clinton and Carter to reinvigorate the Republicans, and he may be lucky to not get impeached. As David Letterman said, what will keep him from being impeached are two words: President Biden. God help us.

Herbert Hoover was all for letting "things run their course". Let the Free Market decide...Jesus. FDR was very different from Obama in that he would actually call the rats out by name. Listen to some of his speeches sometime and let me know if he was direct enough, OK? In Obama, we have a wimp who sucks-up to King Rats like Smith , but is still better than the alternative.

And Libya? Nothing but a weak, transparent attempt by the GOP to weaken Hillary for 2016. So obvious. This is all the Republicans have, and they're trying to ignite a forest fire of controversy so ignorant voters will think that Rubio or Fat Boy will be "strong on terror".

vantexan

Herbert Hoover was all for letting "things run their course". Let the Free Market decide...Jesus. FDR was very different from Obama in that he would actually call the rats out by name. Listen to some of his speeches sometime and let me know if he was direct enough, OK? In Obama, we have a wimp who sucks-up to King Rats like Smith , but is still better than the alternative.

And Libya? Nothing but a weak, transparent attempt by the GOP to weaken Hillary for 2016. So obvious. This is all the Republicans have, and they're trying to ignite a forest fire of controversy so ignorant voters will think that Rubio or Fat Boy will be "strong on terror".

1929 was a very different time, very different economy from today. And any administration, no matter the party, that tries to cover up it's failings before an election, or uses it's power illegally to stunt the free speech rights of it's opposition doesn't deserve to be in power.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
1929 was a very different time, very different economy from today. And any administration, no matter the party, that tries to cover up it's failings before an election, or uses it's power illegally to stunt the free speech rights of it's opposition doesn't deserve to be in power.

Right. I know that Obama and Hillary are personally responsible for both Benghazi and the IRS targeting of Tea Partiers. In 1929, the upper class had all the power, and the concentration of wealth was actually lower way back then. It was only when workers took back their power by unionizing that the balance started to shift. That included tossing the GOP out of office...always a good thing.There are eerie parallels between today and 1929. I love how you GOP-types always think that allowing the economy to collapse completely is a good thing. Too bad people have to starve and die so the "free market" can correct itself, and re-set the economy to where the rich have all the advantages and can perform their God-given role as job creators, right?

vantexan

Right. I know that Obama and Hillary are personally responsible for both Benghazi and the IRS targeting of Tea Partiers. In 1929, the upper class had all the power, and the concentration of wealth was actually lower way back then. It was only when workers took back their power by unionizing that the balance started to shift. That included tossing the GOP out of office...always a good thing.There are eerie parallels between today and 1929. I love how you GOP-types always think that allowing the economy to collapse completely is a good thing. Too bad people have to starve and die so the "free market" can correct itself, and re-set the economy to where the rich have all the advantages and can perform their God-given role as job creators, right?

Well amigo, how many poor men have employed you in your working years? And don't lecture me about the free market and the rich. I'm against the wealthy exploiting us, just as I'm against rabble rousers looking to overthrow the system so that they can get the power. You're all a bunch of little Hitlers. Every once in awhile one like Hitler overachieves but the rest of you are either occupied with keeping power or getting it. I'll give BBSam credit. He's like a Clint Eastwood western character, figuring out which way the wind is blowing and exploiting in that direction. But guys like you get eaten up inside just knowing guys like Fred S have all the money and power, and do what you can to undermine him. I could care less how much he has if he pays me fairly. If he doesn't he's a liar and a cheat, but I'm not going to waste my life trying to figure out how to get even with him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well amigo, how many poor men have employed you in your working years? And don't lecture me about the free market and the rich. I'm against the wealthy exploiting us, just as I'm against rabble rousers looking to overthrow the system so that they can get the power. You're all a bunch of little Hitlers. Every once in awhile one like Hitler overachieves but the rest of you are either occupied with keeping power or getting it. I'll give BBSam credit. He's like a Clint Eastwood western character, figuring out which way the wind is blowing and exploiting in that direction. But guys like you get eaten up inside just knowing guys like Fred S have all the money and power, and do what you can to undermine him. I could care less how much he has if he pays me fairly. If he doesn't he's a liar and a cheat, but I'm not going to waste my life trying to figure out how to get even with him.

I have no delusions about "getting even" with Smith. That just isn't possible, and I don't waste my life dwelling on it. My goal always has and always will be educating and motivating the sheep into action instead of talk. I can't speak for R1a, but my guess is that is what motivates him too.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree that that is what motivates R1a. But first the sheep have to find a common goal and stop bleating at each other.

Well amigo, how many poor men have employed you in your working years? And don't lecture me about the free market and the rich. I'm against the wealthy exploiting us, just as I'm against rabble rousers looking to overthrow the system so that they can get the power. You're all a bunch of little Hitlers. Every once in awhile one like Hitler overachieves but the rest of you are either occupied with keeping power or getting it. I'll give BBSam credit. He's like a Clint Eastwood western character, figuring out which way the wind is blowing and exploiting in that direction. But guys like you get eaten up inside just knowing guys like Fred S have all the money and power, and do what you can to undermine him. I could care less how much he has if he pays me fairly. If he doesn't he's a liar and a.. cheat, but I'm not going to waste my life try..ing to figure out how to get even with him.
Yo... read some Parenti

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I agree that that is what motivates R1a. But first the sheep have to find a common goal and stop bleating at each other.

Republican sheep are more difficult to herd than Democratic sheep. The GOP sheep tend to sympathize with the shearers and wool-producers.

vantexan

Republican sheep are more difficult to herd than Democratic sheep. The GOP sheep tend to sympathize with the shearers and wool-producers.

We just notice the Democrat shepherds talk about sheep not having spines and are unwilling to sacrifice while the shepherds are participating in the system that's "fleecing" the sheep.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We just notice the Democrat shepherds talk about sheep not having spines and are unwilling to sacrifice while the shepherds are participating in the system that's "fleecing" the sheep.

Yes, but the GOP sheep trot willingly into the pen to be sheared, then complain later that they have been fleeced. The Democratic sheperds try to train the sheep to think for themselves and demand a fair price for their wool, but the GOP sheep have been chased by the FOX and are too scared to stand-up for themselves.