If I go into management…

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah but they both smell like throw away jobs… 22.4 to feeders in the next 10 years? I’ll wager a couple grand against.

I could be the one who becomes center/division manager and treats the working man with dignity and respect.
LOL
You don’t make center/division manager treating people with dignity and respect
Sorry to bust your bubble

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
LOL
You don’t make center/division manager treating people with dignity and respect
Sorry to bust your bubble
What about the old UPS… back when drivers were treated with respect and given turkeys on thanksgiving. Can someone tell me from experiencing it if it was actually that way and what, or when did it stop

Ghost in the Darkness

If you have very little ambition, enjoy treating people like crap, and have no desire to contribute to what actually makes this company succesful... then you should fit into management quite nicely.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
If you have very little ambition, enjoy treating people like crap, and have no desire to contribute to what actually makes this company succesful... then you should fit into management quite nicely.
I wouldn’t even if the only reason why was memories of my father coming home bumped, battered and bruised smelling like asbestos working as a pipefitter. He’s my role model and idol
The working man is God’s gift to America and I wouldn’t forget that

trickpony1

Been there, done that
4 times at big brown alone
WOW.
You don't think they're gonna remember that when you go into management and make your job so miserable you'll eventually quit?

Like someone said....stay hourly and stay in the union.
Believe it or not, Brown treats their management worse than the hourly.

Hope this helps.

Indecisi0n

For those of you who don’t know me let me introduce myself:

I’m a Texan raised in South Florida
My first job at a big company was at age 17 driver helper for UPS in lower Manhattan. From there I became a loader in 177 and advanced to regular Tuesday to Saturday driver… Resigned in 2017.

From there I followed what I believe was the career meant for me and hired on with the now-defunct railroad called Conrail. I was a simple brakeman, basically a yard jockey whose sole job was to spin handbrakes on 120 rail cars every shift. Hiram Norfolk Southern has a Conductor and now it’s CSX again after a brief hiatus when Amtrak hired me in February 2020… Offer was rescinded just one week into training due to COVID-19 hiring limitations, we all got the boot and then 20% of current employees at Amtrak were laid off.

I have some military no real college just a couple of credits at an online university, for those of you who know me:

The next time I get laid off from the railroad… I think I’ll take my hand at joining the ranks of UPS again. but this time, and I never in my wildest dreams thought I would say this, my calling might be to become a member of management…

Those of you who know me on here know me to be human with a little bit of baggage; but nothing more than you can check for free on Amtrak.

Having done this job, although not nearly as long as most, who believes I could be the one who makes a difference? An advocate for the working man.
Do you know how to ride a horse ?

Cowboy Mac

Texas is calling all her boys home. She needs you...

2F5CEF54-4856-49C9-B12B-A1117FDCD545.jpeg

takesteady

To echo others here, just don’t do it man. It’s really not worth it. I’ve seen so many decent folk take the supe pill thinking they will be the ‘one good one who’s going to shake things up’ only for them to become just as soulless as the rest. There’s something about being a pt sup that just grinds people’s spirits down into dust.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If you're being laid off by the railroad there's a huge issue, and it's not on their end either.

My nephew is 2 months into his career with the railroad (CSAO/NS/CSX in North Jersey) and they are so short staffed that its panic mode everyday.