If rioters stopped your package car

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer
Cops are just like any other job. Just like your dentists. Just like UPS drivers. Some good ones, some bad ones who ruin it for the rest.
The problem is that cops are supposed to be protectors. So there’s this moral standard that they get held to....and rightfully so.
I say we pay them more, and raise the standard at which we are hiring them.
Not going to fix anything, but obviously we need to make an adjustment. We can’t sit back and do nothing while the country burns

Indecisi0n

Cops are just like any other job. Just like your dentists. Just like UPS drivers. Some good ones, some bad ones who ruin it for the rest.
The problem is that cops are supposed to be protectors. So there’s this moral standard that they get held to....and rightfully so.
I say we pay them more, and raise the standard at which we are hiring them.
Not going to fix anything, but obviously we need to make an adjustment. We can’t sit back and do nothing while the country burns
More /better training but who's got time for that?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The medical examiner said he did not die from asphyxiation. So frankly, complaining about the knee to the neck is completely beside the point.
If the knee to the neck or the excessive force caused underlying conditions to suddenly show their worst than yeah it matters.

that’s like saying a gunshot victim dies from loss of blood but not the actual gun shot.

oldngray

nowhere special
If the knee to the neck or the excessive force caused underlying conditions to suddenly show their worst than yeah it matters.

that’s like saying a gunshot victim dies from loss of blood but not the actual gun shot.
Knee to the neck is an older but now mostly banned tactic.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Okay.
So if an activity "caused underlying conditions to suddenly show their worst", then it was probably resisting arrest while high on drugs. And given that, then subduing him by any means necessary was the right thing to do to stop that activity.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Okay.
So if an activity "caused underlying conditions to suddenly show their worst", then it was probably resisting arrest while high on drugs. And given that, then subduing him by any means necessary was the right thing to do to stop that activity.
EAA4454C-1D87-44F5-BF41-EB7F6515B4A9.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
Okay.
The cop's actions may not have been the primary cause of death but were a factor. Probably enough for manslaughter. Especially in a politically motivated trial.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The cop's actions may not have been the primary cause of death but were a factor. Probably enough for manslaughter. Especially in a politically motivated trial.
If the idea is that physical exertion from the struggle caused the underlying health condition to kill him, then the only options were to get up and let him go, or end the struggle.

quad decade guy

This is the best option. This power hungry officer was way out of line and probably knew damn well he was doing more damage/force than needed. Throw his ass to the wolves and video tape it. Then show that video to all new trainee police officers around the country so they know what will happen to them if they feel they are above the law and can use excessive force at will.

I have tons of respect for police who do the job RIGHT and are there to protect and serve, but I despise the cops who abuse their power. I have seen videos where there is one man who obviously deserves to be arrested, but there will be a group of 8 police officers who slam him into a wall then slam him to the ground and kneel on him. I think it comes from their training honestly, they are trained to command respect and take charge of every situation and if they don't get what they want they use force. I personally know 2 officers that I went to high school with and they USED to be pretty nice guys, but after being on the force for many years you can tell how much it's changed them and how arrogant hey have become.

Yeah! Let's get a mob together and Riot! String em up! Yeah! No trial! Maybe tear him limb for limb! Yeah. Drag him through the streets...just like Fallujah! Yeah! RIOT HEY HEY!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
The medical examiner said he did not die from asphyxiation. So frankly, complaining about the knee to the neck is completely beside the point.
Just because he didn’t die from asphyxiation doesn’t mean the officer’s actions didn’t contribute to George Floyd’s death. He died while under the weight of that officer for nine minutes. Are you telling me that played no factor?