If rioters stopped your package car

quad decade guy

The cop's actions may not have been the primary cause of death but were a factor. Probably enough for manslaughter. Especially in a politically motivated trial.

Wait. So politics have ANYTHING to do with anything in this matter? Really? Convict/kill a man because say you don't like Trump?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Okay.
So if an activity "caused underlying conditions to suddenly show their worst", then it was probably resisting arrest while high on drugs. And given that, then subduing him by any means necessary was the right thing to do to stop that activity.
It’s why they’re trained to get them cuffed and get them back up ASAP. So these things don’t happen.

oldngray

nowhere special
It’s why they’re trained to get them cuffed and get them back up ASAP. So these things don’t happen.
From the videos it looked like the cops probably did that. What happened for the guy to end up back outside the car and on the ground hasn't been shown that I've seen. Makes me wonder what happened we don't know about.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He was cuffed already from what I understand. Would be nice to see the video of how he ended up on the ground.

But all we have right now are selective videos from the family's lawyer, who was on TV today telling people to keep rioting.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If I turned a corner and saw a riot underway ahead of me, I would start to get turned around. As I put my car into reverse, the shift inhibit warning would pop up, and in those precious seconds I could have had to get away, I am stomping on the brake and reshifting the gears. When reverse finally engages, I would already be surrounded by rioters. No choice, I would have to gun it and start running people down. The moral of this story is that shift inhibit kills.

quad decade guy

Really? Ever watch cops? My experience(watching recorded TV)(Cops) is that they have them sit down as quick as possible and stay there, legs crossed etc. Long time. Like nearly the whole segment. And when they resist, sick the dogs etc. Ever seen that? That's on 24/7. Interesting...no?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Really? Ever watch cops? My experience(watching recorded TV)(Cops) is that they have them sit down as quick as possible and stay there, legs crossed etc. Long time. Like nearly the whole segment. And when they resist, sick the dogs etc. Ever seen that? That's on 24/7. Interesting...no?
C'mon man. I was trying to keep an open mind to your thoughts, but this is just stupid.

When your expertise on a topic comes from reality TV shows, its time to shut up, and listen, instead of talk.

quad decade guy

You are arguing semantics here.
Everyone else in the room seems to have understood @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U 's point.
I don't think that your argument on this is helpful to anything.

And so? Semantics? Wow. Imagine going to your Panel Hearing and having everyone say that(everyone). One guy on here says whatever happened to cause all of this utterly doesn't matter. Not one iota. The trouble I have with this whole deal is dealing in absolutes and in many cases-judge and jury/execution based on conjecture and speculation/absense of fact. Words like absolutely, utterly and EVERYONE isn't.