if served suspension question?

tech209

i was served a one day due to being sick with the flu, i dont have anymore sick days left so i understand...so my question is that if they dont give me a date in which i have to serve my suspension is it still valid and how many days do i have from the day they wrote me up in whic is it not valid?

im from the south western contract division

ll_MDX_ll

Package humper
Likely they realized how stupid it was and decided to forget about it. I had a similar case once before, though my situation was more of problem on my end rather than something I couldn't help, but I never heard from them ever again after they told me they were planning to give me a one-day suspension.

tech209

Thanks for the input ....when i was written up the PT said they were going to schedule it in January And i was written up on dec 13 ......when my FT heard what happen all he said was dont worry ill take care of you.....

tech209

Thanks for the input ....when i was written up the PT said they were going to schedule it in January And i was written up on dec 13 ......when my FT heard what happen all he said was dont worry ill take care of you.....

Even if i got the certified letter in the mail today?

Box Ox

i was served a one day due to being sick with the flu, i dont have anymore sick days left so i understand...

:censored2: that. Not having any paid sick days left doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to get sick. Fight it and get that :censored2: outta your file. If you don’t, they’ll be back for more.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
i was served a one day due to being sick with the flu, i dont have anymore sick days left so i understand...so my question is that if they dont give me a date in which i have to serve my suspension is it still valid and how many days do i have from the day they wrote me up in whic is it not valid?

im from the south western contract division
What info are you failing to disclose? Flu is serious, what did the doctor say?

barnyard

KTM rider
File a grievance. Dispute the suspension.

That is the best advice there is here. Find your shop stewart and have him show you how to do it. If you received a certified letter, a copy of that may have been sent to your business agent, so it may be known. I think that you are going to be surprised by how easy this will be to get it taken care of.

ManInBrown

Just cause they said it, doesn’t mean you’ll serve it. I was a big grievance filer in package and I was put on notice of suspension more times than I can remember. Never served one day. They like to just say it sometimes. Makes them feel better about their miserable lives.