If the Horn Blows....

JackStraw

I just think it's useless in a driver release area. If I know if there's a dog in the yard sure I'll hit it. Or if someone is backing out of a driveway. But for the few times that it might save me a few seconds it seems ridiculous. Kinda like calling out Hello UPS! when you ring and knock. Silly.

I just think it's useless in a driver release area. If I know if there's a dog in the yard sure I'll hit it. Or if someone is backing out of a driveway. But for the few times that it might save me a few seconds it seems ridiculous. Kinda like calling out Hello UPS! when you ring and knock. Silly.

I used to think that way, but it does work. Cant tell you how many times I pulled up in front of a house,tapped the horn.......................................and by the time I got the package off the shelf. The customer was already half way to my truck!

didyousheetit

I used to think that way, but it does work. Cant tell you how many times I pulled up in front of a house,tapped the horn.......................................and by the time I got the package off the shelf. The customer was already half way to my truck!
not in December here at 20 below. here they will watch you walk up their un-shoveled walk way of 8-10 inches.

didyousheetit

I wish they would simply install they back-up beepers. Half the time I use the horn people think I'm telling them to go ahead and do whatever it was they were doing, rather than me letting them know I'm providing a safety feature for them.

Cementups

Box Monkey
But you must hear them go off all the time. At the mall, at the food store, while CAMPING (I frikken hate that!).
I've never even heard of one going off cuz the car was being broken into, it's always the fool who owns it.

I think I only hear car alarms going off maybe twice a year. Not sure what kind of area you live in that you are sharing that ruckus that often

MassWineGuy

I wish all this were just theoretical and had no bearing in the real world:

2-year-old boy killed by vehicle in East Hartford - Connecticut - Boston.com

BrownChoice

Ive just made it habit to honk all the time.. Just short tap honks.. Even my on car during the safety ride was saying "you dont gotta honk that much" i just told him better safe than sorry!

didyousheetit

Unsolved walk way equals no delivery! Its one thing if you got some snow in the middle of the day and somebody wasnt home to shovel it! ITS another thing when people are just plain lazy!.Safety first....lol
last winter had a delivery no snow shoveled. at least 10 inches. Women opens up her door in her mid thirties. asks where did I leave her package, as I was walking back to the truck. I pointed to the garage door. Next day her husband had it shoveled.

over9five

Staff member
p7h78.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you've got an issue with using your horn, you may want to rethink your priorities.

There is an appropriate time, place and reason to use the horn. As a professional driver with 26 years of experience and area knowledge, I am a far better judge of when/where/how to use the horn than some supervisor whose only concern is to blindly obey whatever flavor-of-the-week edict is currently being issued forth from Atlanta.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
There is an appropriate time, place and reason to use the horn. As a professional driver with 26 years of experience and area knowledge, I am a far better judge of when/where/how to use the horn than some supervisor whose only concern is to blindly obey whatever flavor-of-the-week edict is currently being issued forth from Atlanta.

If UPS pays me to blow the horn, I blow the horn.
If customers don't like it, I refer them to my management.