If.....

bbsam

Staff member
People are basically decent and even if it doesn’t seem like it, they’re pretty much doing the best they can at any given moment.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I got plenty of advice for my younger self but I don't know how universally applicable it'd be.

MrBates

If you are in a bad neighborhood and some guy out of a group comes up to you and asks some random question that makes no sense, your about to get jumped or robbed.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If :::: I needed someone to love
You're the one that I'd be thinking of
If I needed someone
If I had some more time to spend
Then I guess I'd be with you, my friend
If I needed someone

quad decade guy

Life is far more complicated than just one thing.

Time. Choices. Consequences. We are all on a timeline. This is difficult to comprehend when we are young but worrisome when we get older. Choices can be made on a whim or with great deliberation and study. The consequences of time and choices can be dire to wonderful.

My parents never talked about any of this. Go to school, make good grades and get a job. Not much in between. I guess they would have been considered conservative libertarians. By my experience, the rest of your life starts at about 7th grade. Everything from course study to athletics starts here. Your character is molded through socialization and new experiences(girls). Questions from "can I be a pro athelete?" to "could I really fly jets in the military?" to "what does it take to be a doctor?" to "I'm going to be a truck driver?".....

One thing? Ask lot's of questions and consider the information carefully.