I'm guessing the keys were in it,lol.

STFXG

I was exaggerating a little. My serious opinion from what I see? 30% . lights out for weeks. Bald ass tires. Exhaust smoking like a chimney about to blow. If I stop drinking I'll think of some more. But, like I said this is not a reflection on you. I always said you're honest right? I think you're as straight with you stuff as possible. You're the only contractor that routinely corrects Sammy boy. This says a lot.
That's what doesn't make sense. A lot of guys have terd trucks, but they are legal. We fill out a vehicle inspection report every night. If we lie and the truck has defects we get disqualified from driving. It's considered falsifying a dot form. If the terminal sees something illegal (like bald tires) they pull the trucks out and won't load them. If we mark on the vehicle inspection form that we have a defect the truck isn't loaded until the defect is corrected. They really cracked down on inspections and paperwork a few years ago. Maybe it's different where you are. But those kinds of reforms usually aren't at the terminal level.

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

if you mean he and I differ in opinion, yeah probably. That's to be expected. I don't see that as "correcting" me.
I'm always right. So if our opinions differ then I am correcting you. Deal with it Scam ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

CJinx

BS on that one. I think if I looked at 70 ground trucks 90% would not pass inspection.
No, it isn't BS. The ISPs quickly got tired of having to scramble rentals because their non-compliant trucks were sitting outside the building, not loaded.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, it isn't BS. The ISPs quickly got tired of having to scramble rentals because their non-compliant trucks were sitting outside the building, not loaded.

How often do Ground trucks get inspected? Ground semis have to pass through scalehouses, but smaller Ground vehicles do not. I'll bet most don't even get an annual inspection.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How often do Ground trucks get inspected? Ground semis have to pass through scalehouses, but smaller Ground vehicles do not. I'll bet most don't even get an annual inspection.

I have to tell you that the Ground pkg cars I see every day are in much better condition than the Express vans that I also see.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have to tell you that the Ground pkg cars I see every day are in much better condition than the Express vans that I also see.

Not where I am. We have mostly newer vehicles now. A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you. Locally, a lot of Ground contractors are running ex-Express W700s.

northbound

Funny thing the other day I was delivering to a hospital where you have to shut your truck off at the dock . Express driver actually parked 300 feet away so she could leave the van running! Must have a weak starter!

Sent using BrownCafe App

northbound

Not sure what it's like at other terminals but at mine quarterly inspections on trucks are done with a fine tooth comb. Trucks must basically look brand new to pass inspections.

Sent using BrownCafe App

CJinx

At least once a week, a random sample of trucks get checked for compliance. Tread checks, fluid leaks(SM goes bonkers when trucks are leaking oil on our floor), windshield damage, etc; and have the BC/AO operate the lights/horn. As for annual safety/emissions inspections, that one depends on your state laws(my state requires both annually).