I'm no Republican, but Right to Work here I come

Hethatbeking

For as long as I've been able to vote I've always sided with labor. My mother worked as a Senior Clerk at Kaiser for decades proudly represented by SEIU. But after the Teamsters decided to ignore the will of the members I have no choice but to exercise my rights and leave this "union". Why? Because I have a little something called self respect. And I refuse to fund an organization that refuses to represent me. No taxation without representation!

Tony Q

For as long as I've been able to vote I've always sided with labor. My mother worked as a Senior Clerk at Kaiser for decades proudly represented by SEIU. But after the Teamsters decided to ignore the will of the members I have no choice but to exercise my rights and leave this "union". Why? Because I have a little something called self respect. And I refuse to fund an organization that refuses to represent me. No taxation without representation!
Okay, when you get fired for something there is a code word for you.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I know you do. I like you, believe it or not. I’ll give you this one time offer. If you want me to leave this site right here and now, I’ll do it. You can be the hero. You call it.
Oh no. Who will not answer anyone's questions if you leave this site?

Tony Q

You’re leaving anyway. By screen name only.
If you think about it. People hate me so much that they might have voted based soaly on hating me. So I helped get the vote out. I actually helped the vote no cause get more votes to get closer to the goal of over 50%.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Cool story no one gives a :censored2:. If you want to leave, leave you don’t have to start a thread on a forum. Have fun when you get fired. As they say back in ancient times bye Felicia.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Be gone Scab

rickyb

u may have self respect, but you have no brains.

its funny and not suprising how workers can be :censored2:ed over by unions and the capitalists, but the only thing they can think of is to help the capitalists more.

there are other solutions to corrupt unions and greedy capitalists.

browndevil

Don't you work in NorCal?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I know you do. I like you, believe it or not. I’ll give you this one time offer. If you want me to leave this site right here and now, I’ll do it. You can be the hero. You call it.
Oh I actually like you too. As I said before, results may not be what I wanted, but they are happening, and it’s important for solidarity.

oldupsman

There is going to be a loss of membership over this, don't kid yourself. Especially in the RTW states.
And how do you convince someone to join a union which basically cancels out your vote. If I'm in my early
30's with 5 or 6 years in and see how all this has played out I can't blame someone for thinking about leaving.
And in RTW states UPS is licking their chops. This deal is their foot in the door.