I'm putting Eve down tomorrow.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You are at #9 and #10......

Dog's Ten Commandments
  1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.
  2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
  3. Place your trust in me - it's crucial to my well-being.
  4. Don't be angry at me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I have only you.
  5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words. I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
  6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
  7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush
    the bones of your hand but that I choose not to bite you.
  8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
  9. Take care of me when I get old; you, too, will grow old.
  10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch
    it", or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT](Author Unknown)[/FONT]

You are at #9 and #10......

Dog's Ten Commandments
  1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.
  2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
  3. Place your trust in me - it's crucial to my well-being.
  4. Don't be angry at me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I have only you.
  5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words. I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
  6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
  7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily crush
    the bones of your hand but that I choose not to bite you.
  8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
  9. Take care of me when I get old; you, too, will grow old.
  10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch
    it", or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.

(Author Unknown)
thank you

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Can I help? Losing a dog or pet is like losing a family member. I know how you feel.
A wise person once told me you havent lived til you have a puppy, or had to put an old dog down. I could do without the latter. Done it too many times, yet I keep getting them. Thoughts of comfort to you.
Make sure you stay, you will be glad to see how peaceful it is, and for all the pet has given you, its trusted Daddy, stay with them at the end.
Bless you, in this awful time

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I have been there and know the grief and suffering that goes with this decision.

If your furry companion is suffering you are doing the kindest and most generous thing you can do.

We once waited too long with a really great golden retriever because I just couldn't take the grief of losing him. I still really regret not relieving his suffering sooner. We waited until he couldn't even stand up for a couple of days hoping he would somehow be okay until we finally had him put him down.

Eve has dominated me for twelve years 11 months and two days. She stalked me everyday. If I took a dump she was in there with me. She slept with me and she wouldn't leave until I woke up. Her nick names were
evette
eventually
evea

the slutty girl ( leg humper)
loyalty
and bad meets evil (Eva )

She still won't leave my side and her kidneys at functioning at 5 and 15%. A true loyal warrior pit bull and basset hound and beagle. She was a good kisser

I have been there and know the grief and suffering that goes with this decision.

If your furry companion is suffering you are doing the kindest and most generous thing you can do.

We once waited too long with a really great golden retriever because I just couldn't take the grief of losing him. I still really regret not relieving his suffering sooner. We waited until he couldn't even stand up for a couple of days hoping he would somehow be okay until we finally had him put him down.
Thanks

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I'm sorry to hear that, man. The connection between humans and dogs is extraordinary. We treat em like our own children. That said, the decision to let them go is terribly hard. It'll be a long weekend, man.

Oh yea. The story of eve has a Ups twist. On 12/14/99 I as a swing driver. In a ghetto section I threw a package onto a pourch. It starteled a dog(Evette). I knocked on the door and the lady answered. I said is this your dog? She said its a stray who we have been feeding. We gave her this box and we have been feeding her but we aaren't letting her in this house. This was at aboutm1130am. I thought about it all day and I went back at about 9:10 that night and asked if I could have the dog. They said yes and I went to pick her up. I said you might bite me and I'll take my chances but you are coming home with me. She road with me in my 98 ford ranger 40 minutes home and I brought her home to my wife. She said what did you do you are crazy and the next morning she took the amaceated dog to the vet. Since then we lived happily ever after.

DS

Fenderbender
I love you guys.Eve.
PawPrints-AC-E96.gif
​my condolences

S

serenity now

some vets will actually come to your house to do this * be sure to ask * makes a very difficult time a little less stressful * Eve can be in familiar surroundings, even her own bed * also with the drugs used now, it happens immediately * if Eve is suffering, that weight will be lifted from you * grief, but also some measure of relief *

beforehand take time to sit quietly with Eve, feel her warmth * place your hand gently on her side so she knows that you are right there * you will always value those final precious minutes together

peace

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
She still won't leave my side and her kidneys at functioning at 5 and 15%. A true loyal warrior pit bull and basset hound and beagle. She was a good kisser
She sounds like a beautiful mix.I'm so sorry for your loss.
She sounds like my good ole boy, Mason. Always there to make a bad day better.
Again, I'm so sorry.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
407 I hope you find happiness in these dark days

I was never a dog person until I was blessed with my dog 5 years ago.
She was there and comforted me when my wife passed and I dread the eventual day when she leaves too
I send you my prayers and sympathy ! :cool_dog::cool_dog:

texan

So sorry to hear. You have had a rough few months.

Life is seasons. Winter comes and it is cold, deary, lifeless.

May you see within the eyes of your heart, a beautiful warm spring coming in your life.