I'm putting Eve down tomorrow.

Look at it from your dogs eyes. Every day since you adopted her you showered her with gifts be it hugs or warmth or food. When it was her time you gave her the gift of mercy. I know from experience that it hurts but you eventually find relief in the knowledge that it was the right thing to do.

We lost one of our two lab mixes that were sisters a week ago Wednesday. She passed in her sleep peacefully, staked to her corner of the bed as usual. I'm sure she snored until the very end. It was hard but or Vet pointed out that with her ailment ( Addison's disease ) she shouldn't have lasted a year but because we made sure she had the medicines she needed she made it to the age of 10. Ten happy years of being the most spoiled of our three dogs. Of being the wife's shadow and constant companion especially when the wife was pregnant. Of being the " go to " dog whenever you needed a hug.

When the pain subsides a bit honor your dog by adopting another. Pay her gifts forward.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Look at it from your dogs eyes. Every day since you adopted her you showered her with gifts be it hugs or warmth or food. When it was her time you gave her the gift of mercy. I know from experience that it hurts but you eventually find relief in the knowledge that it was the right thing to do.

We lost one of our two lab mixes that were sisters a week ago Wednesday. She passed in her sleep peacefully, staked to her corner of the bed as usual. I'm sure she snored until the very end. It was hard but or Vet pointed out that with her ailment ( Addison's disease ) she shouldn't have lasted a year but because we made sure she had the medicines she needed she made it to the age of 10. Ten happy years of being the most spoiled of our three dogs. Of being the wife's shadow and constant companion especially when the wife was pregnant. Of being the " go to " dog whenever you needed a hug.

When the pain subsides a bit honor your dog by adopting another. Pay her gifts forward.
Sorry about your dog.