I'm so glad I retired...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you kidding me...who the hell was even talking to you? I didn't realize you and Upstate shared a brain...
LOL, now that is outrageously funny!
That is probably the most hypocritical post I have seen on Brown Cafe in the last five years.
That is all that you do ... butthead in to every interaction on this forum.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I do not drive a Model A Ford automobile, that was converted to carry packages, ergo, I do not drive a package car.

I drive a POS, high step, manual trans., worn out truck that is long overdue for the crusher.
Should have filed that grievance for that truck along with a doctors note a long time ago. Theres also something in article 37 that sais they have to take your age and physical condition into play also. You probably could have gotten out of that truck years ago. That's what I would have tried to do.

The Milkman

Good to hear from ya Milkman, I like the way you think dude. Retired, chillin enjoying life, good for you brother. I love to hear that kind of talk. I cant wait to roll up out of here to in 13.5 years, if the good lord allows me too. You totally get it, that's for sure.
OH YEAH!! I think of how Da Macho Man and The Ultimate Warriors untimely ends on this earth and how I feel blessed to still be breathing

The Milkman

Can't argue with your thoughts about retirement.
However, the US Government now predicts the average lifespan to be 84 years now for people at age 55-64.
I assume that age will go up for people younger than 55.
I hope I make it till 80, my thinking being that I worked for 25, then Ups pays me for another 25 which should total about 1 million in paid vacation, told my wife if I ever end up brain dead to put my brain in a jar keeping me technically alive as long as possible and disconnect after the 1st so my pension check clears

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
OH YEAH!! I think of how Da Macho Man and The Ultimate Warriors untimely ends on this earth and how I feel blessed to still be breathing
Im not sure exactly what Im a do at 55 when I retire but im thinking 55 is still relatively young anyway. If all ends well and im not too broken down physically, I want to open my own business and open up a dog kenneling business. Dogs are something I have a passion for so it wouldn't be work sorta speak but not a bad work where I absolutely hate the job im doing. Business for tax writeoffs and supplemental income on top of my pension and her pension. Well see how it goes but that's awesome dude your enjoying yourself. Im glad to hear when any of our guys who paved the way for us yonger guys are doing good in life after ALCATRAZ lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That is probably the most hypocritical post I have seen on Brown Cafe in the last five years.
I'm the hypocrite?? Excuse me...I didn't create a thread declaring members I put on ignore...and then RESPOND to their posts, now do I?? Which of course, defeats the whole purpose of ignoring someone!! So, put me back on Ignore...and keep scrolling past my posts..thanks!

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I hope I make it till 80, my thinking being that I worked for 25, then Ups pays me for another 25 which should total about 1 million in paid vacation, told my wife if I ever end up brain dead to put my brain in a jar keeping me technically alive as long as possible and disconnect after the 1st so my pension check clears
Unless that bump to 200 a month for retiree health insurance puts you in the poor house.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Unless that bump to 200 a month for retiree health insurance puts you in the poor house.

It's a lot more than just the monthly monies. The biggest hit is with the prescriptions IMO (100% before vs 80% now) which works toward the deductible. That, plus doctors visits will be twice what we paid for before (90% before-80% now: Milkman and I had same plan/still do) although that damn deductible throws a monkey wrench into each and every year as we didn't used to have any deductible at all. So it's quite a bit more if you break it all down.

Xexys

Retired and Happy

I'm the hypocrite?? Excuse me...I didn't create a thread declaring members I put on ignore...and then RESPOND to their posts, now do I?? Which of course, defeats the whole purpose of ignoring someone!! So, put me back on Ignore...and keep scrolling past my posts..thanks!

He can't help himself BB. The least best mod strikes again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
handle-the-truth.jpg

The Milkman

Im not sure exactly what Im a do at 55 when I retire but im thinking 55 is still relatively young anyway. If all ends well and im not too broken down physically, I want to open my own business and open up a dog kenneling business. Dogs are something I have a passion for so it wouldn't be work sorta speak but not a bad work where I absolutely hate the job im doing. Business for tax writeoffs and supplemental income on top of my pension and her pension. Well see how it goes but that's awesome dude your enjoying yourself. Im glad to hear when any of our guys who paved the way for us yonger guys are doing good in life after ALCATRAZ lol.
Before you know it 55 will creep up on ya. Looking back at my early yrs before big brown.I wish I would of done things differently, started at 30. I will say this...I never finished HS and I would not be where I am today without my career at Ups and for that I am thankful, that being said....I earned my way to this point not sitting in a cubicle or at a switchboard playing online games or doing Facebook, all of us who finish the race are to be IMHO honored by those following us like I did as a rookie back in 81 seeing the old timers retire and hearing what they endured long before power steering, good seats, lower pkg car steps etc etc. Jumpman just hang in there and someday you will be in my shoes enjoying the fruits of YOUR labor, no handouts! Peace Brother

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Before you know it 55 will creep up on ya. Looking back at my early yrs before big brown.I wish I would of done things differently, started at 30. I will say this...I never finished HS and I would not be where I am today without my career at Ups and for that I am thankful, that being said....I earned my way to this point not sitting in a cubicle or at a switchboard playing online games or doing Facebook, all of us who finish the race are to be IMHO honored by those following us like I did as a rookie back in 81 seeing the old timers retire and hearing what they endured long before power steering, good seats, lower pkg car steps etc etc. Jumpman just hang in there and someday you will be in my shoes enjoying the fruits of YOUR labor, no handouts! Peace Brother
Its all good. I tell these younger guys, this jobs a marathon and your not going to win the race in 1 day. You find your comfort level mentally and physically and just try n work smart. 1 day at a time Milkman I milk it also. Milk and cheese baby, the Jumpman loves literally and figuratively. Dairy products sure are good lol.

Its all good. I tell these younger guys, this jobs a marathon and your not going to win the race in 1 day. You find your comfort level mentally and physically and just try n work smart. 1 day at a time Milkman I milk it also. Milk and cheese baby, the Jumpman loves literally and figuratively. Dairy products sure are good lol.
Im going for the, Crash Davis route. Silently breaking the home run record, and walking out the door!