Im starting to like this job

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yea i bet but working so many dead end low minimum wage jobs makes you appropriate this job more in my opinion and im learning to be very humble in the process. I mean it takes decades just to get this chance i got and only been with UPS 9 months

There are twice as many routes right now and each route is a 1/2 to 1/3 of the regular route.
It's way too early to show your center manager your popsicle trick. Take it easy.

Last edited:

UrFellowUpser

Man i hope to get a permanent position some day ive just never made this much in my life i mean i went to a trade school and got me a little certificate in bussiness office technology but the jobs in that field dont pay as much like UPS delivering boxes man.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Man i hope to get a permanent position some day ive just never made this much in my life i mean i went to a trade school and got me a little certificate in bussiness office technology but the jobs in that field dont pay as much like UPS delivering boxes man.
Don't let these guys get you down. The job comes easy to some people. We need more guys like you to carry us old farts.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Correct. I had one on Tuesday. 2000 over days forecast. 12,000 pieces for the building. Last years heaviest days was 13k . We should eclipse that next week
My building did 140k today. Busting at the seams. We had 13 drivers do over 300 stops in my center alone. I'd say 150 in the country sounds great!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I feel like im doing great and my area knowledge is on point and i feel like a professional. I get so much respect from my customers and i joke with them and remember all their names and habits and i get done on time and help my team mates with their delivery volume. This is the best gig in the land. I know i still have a long way to go but im up for the challange. Im in my fifth week

Then reality comes and kicks ya in the nuts.GOOD GRIEF

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
My building did 140k today. Busting at the seams. We had 13 drivers do over 300 stops in my center alone. I'd say 150 in the country sounds great!

Sorry to hear that for you out there. Our center only has 35 areas running. 12k is a ton of work for our neck of the woods. Normal day has 22 ft routes

Purple2Brown

Feels like it to me or im just getting used to it. I dont know im young. But some of these homes i deliver to motivate me. Right now i leave in a :censored2:ty apartment

I guess all us seasonal guys sound the same. I :censored2: you not I had been living in my car for almost a year before I got this job and I feel like I'm about to see an early grave with all the effort I've been putting into trying to prove myself for the chance to be hired permanently.