Immigration

wkmac

Subject: Immigration

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from his government"
-- Thomas Paine

Interesting that you quote Thomas Paine and his point is most excellent. Nice job quoting him. Here are some more Paine writtings you might find worthwhile and filled with more quotable material you could use in later posts. I'm a huge fan of Paine myself!

As for immigration, I understand if something takes more than a couple of minutes, you're not interested and unfortunately what I'm about to suggest to understand a real root cause in mass immigration from the south will take more than a few minutes.

I think all 3 of these may be required to connect the dots so sorry if it takes away from your Bobby Darren one on one time. First, the free-bees, go to goggle video and type in "The World According to Monsanto" and then take a read of this but the last one will take a bit more effort. Watch the movie Food Inc. About half way through this film, there is a segment on so-called illegal aliens working in the food processing bidness.

In the 1970's and 1980' the family farms and the communities built around them were corporatized in this country. Now part of that on my part is some first hand experience as my father worked and retired from the agri-monsters of Cargill, Central Soya, Con-Agra so I have some direct firsthand knowledge of how corp. farms do work. As farmers by hook or crook were driven off the farms in the 70's and 80's, they migrated to where the work was. It's funny how no one discusses the effects of unemployment numbers during that period when a whole industry was transformed and "DOWNSIZED" overnight and these people migrated from the rural areas into the cities placing more stress on a burdened job market.

Now if those same corporations having depleted the domestic farm market in the way of aquisition now move south and start doing the same, are there viable job markets in the cities south of the border as these small farmers displaced or driven from bidness? Has the same agri-corporations who hold almost monopoly control (see Food Inc.) of the food processing operations in this country found a ready source of very cheap labor?

I'm not wild about the so-called illegal immigration problems either but you don't defeat cancer by taking an asprin for the headache that is nothing more than a symtom of the cancer. Yelling and shaking your fist at the sky because it doesn't rain won't change the fact that you choose to continue to live in the middle of an arid desert!

As Thoreau said, "There are a 1000 hacking at the branches of evil to the one who is striking at the root!"

It's past time to start striking at the root if you really wanna solve the core cause behind so-called illegal immigration.

:peaceful:

island1fox

Subject: Immigration

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from his government"
-- Thomas Paine

Let me see if I understand all this....

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR......

IF YOU GO INTO CHINA ILLEGALLY, YOU’RE CONSIDERED A SPY AND GET HARD PRISON TIME.....

IF YOU GO INTO GERMANY ILLEGALLY, YOU GET A HEFTY FINE, WORK IT OFF OR PAY IT OFF, THEN DEPORTED........

IF YOU GO INTO ENGLAND ILLEGALLY, YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY JAILED AND DEPORTED........

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY....

BUT, IF YOU CROSS THE U.S... BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET:

1. A DRIVERS LICENSE
2. A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
3. WELFARE
4. FOOD STAMPS AND
5. FREE HEALTH CARE?

I guess I still don't understand....maybe we need to VOTE OUR LAWMAKERS OUT.

GO GREEN!! RECYCLE CONGRESS !!!

Moreluck,
I agree!!! Also many people do not realize this ----cross our southern border heading into Mexico illegally and see what they do to you ----I can assure you will not be recieving any benefits !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quote:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Oh, this would be something else that Obama wouldn't put his hand over his heart for !!!!!!!!!:biting:

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was brought to my attention today that if all the illegal immigrants that are already here and working were granted amnesty......it would be very costly.

If they are working jobs making $15 -30,000 a year and they're made legal, now with those earnings they would probably get money back from tax credits and be eligible for food stamps and other assistance programs. It would mean that the gov't would pay them and of course the gov't gets their money from taxpayers. :dissapointed:

unionman

It was brought to my attention today that if all the illegal immigrants that are already here and working were granted amnesty......it would be very costly.

If they are working jobs making $15 -30,000 a year and they're made legal, now with those earnings they would probably get money back from tax credits and be eligible for food stamps and other assistance programs. It would mean that the gov't would pay them and of course the gov't gets their money from taxpayers. :dissapointed:

They would also be paying taxes.... So what is the answer? Kick them out?

moreluck

golden ticket member
People who make very little don't pay taxes.

they need to go to the end of the line and come in the correct way....LEGALLY

unionman

People who make very little don't pay taxes.

they need to go to the end of the line and come in the correct way....LEGALLY

They pay social security and state taxes, and I believe California could use the revenue.... Its to late to kick them out, there are way to many of them. So what is the answer?

moreluck

golden ticket member
If they pay taxes, come April 15 they get tax credits and other stuff and end up getting back what they paid in....a wash....technically they pay nothing

moreluck

golden ticket member
Right, but Klein was arguing that the illegals pay taxes and I'm saying they end up not paying and it's a wash. Not talking about citizens.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If they shop at the store they pay sales tax. If they own a house or a car they pay property tax. Everybody who lives in the US pays taxes, even poor people and illegals.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama Extends “Stealth Amnesty” to ILLEGALS

Obama Administration to Extend Temporary Protected Status for Illegal Aliens from Nicaragua and Honduras

Rep. Lamar Smith

The Obama Administration announced today that it is extending Temporary Protected Status for illegal aliens from Nicaragua and Honduras who are living in the United States. TPS for those nations was supposed to expire in July, but the Administration is extending the deadline for two more years.
Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee Lamar Smith (R-Texas) spoke out against the Administration’s decision.
“President Obama’s announcement of an extension of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for illegal immigrants from Honduras and Nicaragua stretches the definition of ‘temporary.’

“Only in Washington, DC, would anyone call 11 years – and counting – ‘temporary.’

TPS has become a stealth amnesty for illegal immigrants.

“Honduras and Nicaragua have long since recovered from the hurricane damage that resulted in the granting of TPS more than a decade ago. It’s time to end this stealth amnesty program and address illegal immigration.”

ups1990

In my opinion, amnesty is the only way to try and solve this very complex issue. In order for us to find and deport all illegals, we might as well add a few more, check that, many more billions to our already massive deficit. Those against big government were clearly fighting the huge health care reform bill passed by congress due to its cost and the ineffectiveness of gov to carry it out properly. If one goes to their respective city hall for a building permit, as an example, the red tape and costs associated with permits is a nightmare. With the DMV, you need to pack a lunch because you'll spend a good portion of the day there. Now picture, finding and rounding up million of individuals, this country doesn't currently have the resources to carry out this tremendous task. America, can recoup monies spent on legalizing millions of people by charging a hefty fine, say $5000.00 per person who qualifies for amnesty. I'm not advocating a free pass to citizenship but merely a path to citizenship, a stringent one.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In my opinion, amnesty is the only way to try and solve this very complex issue. In order for us to find and deport all illegals, we might as well add a few more, check that, many more billions to our already massive deficit. Those against big government were clearly fighting the huge health care reform bill passed by congress due to its cost and the ineffectiveness of gov to carry it out properly. If one goes to their respective city hall for a building permit, as an example, the red tape and costs associated with permits is a nightmare. With the DMV, you need to pack a lunch because you'll spend a good portion of the day there. Now picture, finding and rounding up million of individuals, this country doesn't currently have the resources to carry out this tremendous task. America, can recoup monies spent on legalizing millions of people by charging a hefty fine, say $5000.00 per person who qualifies for amnesty. I'm not advocating a free pass to citizenship but merely a path to citizenship, a stringent one.
I would be in favor of either that or a real guest worker program or some combination of the two. Once you create a legal pathway for these folks to work on the books and pay taxes and be part of the system, then we can put the pressure where it belongs - on the employers who continue to knowingly hire illegal workers.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

I still think giving amnesty to illegals is a slap in the face to all immigrants who are here legaly and went thru the legal way to get here. It seems like rewarding those who broke the rules.
And standing in line at the DMV does suck...but thats our govt at work...:wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
DMV, thats old history here !
It's all been privatized and any insurance company or even the AMA will handle all your driving needs. From getting a drivers licence, to paying a fine, getting new registration or licence plates.
They also do birth certificates. Basically almost anything the government used to do. Lost documents , etc.

No more line ups. Since these private companies set up shop atleast every mile in each city.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
DMV, thats old history here !
It's all been privatized and any insurance company or even the AMA will handle all your driving needs. From getting a drivers licence, to paying a fine, getting new registration or licence plates.
They also do birth certificates. Basically almost anything the government used to do. Lost documents , etc.

No more line ups. Since these private companies set up shop atleast every mile in each city.

Uh....who cares...its Canada.:wink2: