Immigration

P

pickup

DMV, thats old history here !
It's all been privatized and any insurance company or even the AMA will handle all your driving needs. From getting a drivers licence, to paying a fine, getting new registration or licence plates.
They also do birth certificates. Basically almost anything the government used to do. Lost documents , etc.

No more line ups. Since these private companies set up shop atleast every mile in each city.

So basically what you are saying ,Klein, is that private industry does things better than the government. Glad to see you have changed your ways of thinking.

klein

Für Meno :)
So basically what you are saying ,Klein, is that private industry does things better than the government. Glad to see you have changed your ways of thinking.

Well, it is rosy for us , never to wait for those services anymore. But... there has also been a lot of fraud going on since.
Letting people pass a drivers test, when he/her shouldn't have (friends or money), and break ins at these places for the drivers licence cards and printers (so they can make thier own). So, it's still not perfect. But it has improved with more security messures.

But, all in all, I would suggest America goes down the same path.
Government jobs are higher paid, more pension, then the insurance agent/clerk will ever earn. So, yes, it saves a lot of tax payers money.

I'm for that all the time. But not for private healthcare !
No way in hell could we afford to pay double as the US does.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well, it is rosy for us , never to wait for those services anymore. But... there has also been a lot of fraud going on since.
Letting people pass a drivers test, when he/her shouldn't have (friends or money), and break ins at these places for the drivers licence cards and printers (so they can make thier own). So, it's still not perfect. But it has improved with more security messures.

But, all in all, I would suggest America goes down the same path.
Government jobs are higher paid, more pension, then the insurance agent/clerk will ever earn. So, yes, it saves a lot of tax payers money.

I'm for that all the time. But not for private healthcare !
No way in hell could we afford to pay double as the US does.
simple just borrow the money from China

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah, in Maricopa Co. they flat know how to treat their convicts. Even in the courtroom itself, there's no mercy, they get no chance to manipulate the system to wiggle out and then go about threating society. This video of a Maricopa County Courtroom shows firsthand how the sheriff's office and the judge work together to make America safer.

Makes me so proud I wanna say the pledge of allegience. Stand and join me.

Man, those words hit ya where you live don't it? Big thanks to Lifer, More and Over for bringing up Maricopa County and Sheriff Joe so we can recognize and celebrate this bastion of American idealism.

:thumbsup:

Wow, that's an interesting courtroom. What a joke.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you have ever served jury duty, this is exactly the BS that goes on.....wasted time all across America M-friend 9-5!!!

bbsam

Staff member
Comprehensive would get the job done. He's not a king or a messiah, so he is rather limited in what he can do about it...much like Bush was.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mexico Detains 513 People Crammed Into Two US-Bound Trucks

TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, Mexico - Police on Tuesday detained 513 undocumented migrants from Latin America and Asia who were crammed into two trucks bound for the United States, prosecutors in southeast Mexico said.
The migrants, from Latin America, Japan, China, India and Nepal, "were traveling in inhuman conditions" in the southeastern state of Chiapas, near the Guatemalan border, the local attorney general's office said in a statement.
Police stopped the trucks, carrying 240 and 273 people, on the outskirts of state capital Tuxtla Gutierrez early Tuesday, after they accelerated through a vehicle scanner at a police checkpoint, the statement said.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
African Americans Flee Failed Liberal Northern Cities for the Conservative South
By Fred Dardick
One of the most interesting results from the 2010 census, little discussed by the media, was the large scale movement of African Americans over the past 10 years from Democrat controlled cities in the northern United States including Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, and New York to the more conservative south. In an historic reversal of the 20th century migration that brought millions north in search of economic opportunity, African American families are abandoning the failed liberal communities in which they have lived for decades.

moreluck

golden ticket member
varvel.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mexico Detains 513 People Crammed Into Two US-Bound Trucks

TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, Mexico - Police on Tuesday detained 513 undocumented migrants from Latin America and Asia who were crammed into two trucks bound for the United States, prosecutors in southeast Mexico said.
The migrants, from Latin America, Japan, China, India and Nepal, "were traveling in inhuman conditions" in the southeastern state of Chiapas, near the Guatemalan border, the local attorney general's office said in a statement.
Police stopped the trucks, carrying 240 and 273 people, on the outskirts of state capital Tuxtla Gutierrez early Tuesday, after they accelerated through a vehicle scanner at a police checkpoint, the statement said.

I was a little disapointed that you posted this baba, cause' I was hoping Moreluck would post it after FOXED ran it on air this morning.

This is indeed a serious problem and its been this way since 2001. Every month, hundreds of immigants come into the us via this mode of transportation but WHY only from 2001???????

Hmmmm?

Back when George H. Bush signed the Republican sponsored NAFTA legislation just before he left office, it contained language that included allowing mexican trucks to enter the US and travel freely.

In 1992, Bill Clinton while negotiating concessions from the republicans took out that provision and forced ALL mexican trucks to stop at the border and transfer the load to an american trucking company.

In 2000, our forward thinking George W. Bush along with the republican controlled house and senate TOOK OUT the provision stopping the mexican trucks and re-authorized the travel of those trucks into the US without inspections, or driver licenses or insurance.

It was a major concern for many in this country at the time, but they in turn were ignored.

Since, mexican trucks have smuggled thousands of immigrants via cargo trailers into this country.

NOT until President OBAMA has scanning and xray technology been placed on border checkpoints and in mexico.

This new technology will help but its not fully implemented on all crossings.

So, who should we blame for this "unintended consequence" of lifting the provisions on mexican trucks?

Janet Nepolitano? Obama? DHS? or just BUSH?

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Geo. and Bill.....What's Barack doing about it ?????..........except talking the talk but not walking the walk. Don't remember what show I was watching, but showed O speaking at the large block wall and while he was talking, illegals were scaling the wall.too funny, but sadly true!! Oh, it wasn't on the fox station.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Geo. and Bill.....What's Barack doing about it ?????..........except talking the talk but not walking the walk. Don't remember what show I was watching, but showed O speaking at the large block wall and while he was talking, illegals were scaling the wall.too funny, but sadly true!! Oh, it wasn't on the fox station.

That was funny...it was Jay Leno that has the skit.:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well moreluck glad you asked.

Barack has done NOTHING about it. Its one of the things I am upset with him over. For two years, his congress and the new congress have bogged down on other issues and the issue of mexican trucks has gone un-noticed.

Unfortunately, the republicans have control of congress now, and its highly unlikely they will sponsor a bill to fix this problem and for the democrats, even if some did sponsor a bill in the house, it would never pass as the votes would go right down party lines with republicans voting against and democrats voting for.

Lifting the ban on mexican trucks entering the usa has effectively killed the LTL business and large frieght. Many trucking companies during the bush administration filed for BK or closed because of the lifting of the ban.

OBAMA could, (IMO) ask congress to once again stop the trucks and turn over the loads to american truckers as a "job" creator, but it would be a hard sell.

Corporate lobbyist will make sure those mexican trucks enter freely.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fed. Gov't is suppose to protect our borders. He's the head (or at least the mouth) of this land and should be protecting the US citizens. His focus is on foreigners and how we might look in some foreign country's eyes. He's all about appearances and no substance!
If they refuse, then I think the individual states should do what they have to.
Before ANY IMMIGRATION ISSUES CAN BE ADDRESSED, THE BORDERS HAVE TO BE SECURED.

moreluck

golden ticket member
".........unfortunately, the republicans have control of congress now...."

Wrong....they only have control of the house, not the senate..................remember, Reid is their leader? Just more of your crybaby & blame tactics!!