Immigration

Well moreluck glad you asked.

Barack has done NOTHING about it. Its one of the things I am upset with him over. For two years, his congress and the new congress have bogged down on other issues and the issue of mexican trucks has gone un-noticed.

Unfortunately, the republicans have control of congress now, and its highly unlikely they will sponsor a bill to fix this problem and for the democrats, even if some did sponsor a bill in the house, it would never pass as the votes would go right down party lines with republicans voting against and democrats voting for.

Lifting the ban on mexican trucks entering the usa has effectively killed the LTL business and large frieght. Many trucking companies during the bush administration filed for BK or closed because of the lifting of the ban.

OBAMA could, (IMO) ask congress to once again stop the trucks and turn over the loads to american truckers as a "job" creator, but it would be a hard sell.

Corporate lobbyist will make sure those mexican trucks enter freely.

Peace.
Not all trucking firms went under during that time because of this, though some did. Some trucking companies went under due to unions demanding more than the companies could afford to pay, I remember the owners stating that as the reason, more than once.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not all trucking firms went under during that time because of this, though some did. Some trucking companies went under due to unions demanding more than the companies could afford to pay, I remember the owners stating that as the reason, more than once.

Of course, it was the fault of the unions. Silly me.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
".........unfortunately, the republicans have control of congress now...."

Wrong....they only have control of the house, not the senate..................remember, Reid is their leader? Just more of your crybaby & blame tactics!!

That would be congress moreluck. The house is the peoples house made up of congressmen.

Peace,

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The trucking firms positions on unions had EVERYTHING to do with LOST VOLUME and declining revenues. The unions were fighting for higher wages and the companies were being attacked from both sides, once from the republican side of business and the other from the unions.

Allowing mexican trucks to enter this country hurts all trucking companies and helps those american companies who left the USA for cheaper wages and no tariffs under the republican sponsored NAFTA trade bill.

Allowing american companies to operate in mexico, then have products shipped to the us and by passing the american workforce was the idea of the republicans and George W. Bush.

The problem started there and we pay for it today.

Peace.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The trucking firms positions on unions had EVERYTHING to do with LOST VOLUME and declining revenues. The unions were fighting for higher wages and the companies were being attacked from both sides, once from the republican side of business and the other from the unions.

Allowing mexican trucks to enter this country hurts all trucking companies and helps those american companies who left the USA for cheaper wages and no tariffs under the republican sponsored NAFTA trade bill.

Allowing american companies to operate in mexico, then have products shipped to the us and by passing the american workforce was the idea of the republicans and George W. Bush.

Peace.

Ross Perot was right.

Peace.
Maybe you and o need to have a tea and tofu summit and straighten this all out. Oh yea, 0 isn't interested in businesses failing just in supporting the unions that attack businesses on the ropes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Maybe you and o need to have a tea and tofu summit and straighten this all out. Oh yea, 0 isn't interested in businesses failing just in supporting the unions that attack businesses on the ropes.

??? are you serious? He just gave them a 2 year extension on tax cuts. That in your opinion is attacking businesses?? Oh wait, thats what your told to think, I forgot, My bad.

Peace.

??? are you serious? He just gave them a 2 year extension on tax cuts. That in your opinion is attacking businesses?? Oh wait, thats what your told to think, I forgot, My bad.

Peace.
HA...You try telling me what to think everyday, how's that working out for you? We all know why 0 gave the tax cuts and it sure wasn't because he wanted to. Furthermore I didn't say 0 was attacking the businesses, I said he was supporting the unions that are attacking the business. Close but not the same thing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If They’re Not Narco-Terrorists, Then What Are They?

Obama minions refuse to designate Mexican gangs as terrorists.
Officials from the Obama administration this week turned down pleas from lawmakers and public-interest groups to place the names of Mexican drug cartels on their list of designated terrorist organizations.
The “terrorist organization” designation would give U.S. law enforcement agencies the authority to use such measures as the Patriot Act to crack down on suspected drug cartel members and associates using tools such as seizing their bank accounts or imposing harsher prison sentences for gun possession.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
‘Drug Graves’ Unveil Drama of Mexico’s Disappeared

Drug war graves unveil drama of Mexico’s disappeared

Anahi Rama
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) –
Reina Estrada lost contact with her husband just after he traveled to Mexico’s border with Texas on business in March 2009, and has never heard from him or the colleagues he was with again.
One of more than 5,000 Mexicans to disappear since drug war violence escalated across the country in 2006, Estrada’s husband, a paint salesman from central Mexico, is part of a phenomenon which until recently was eclipsed by the killings that fill newspapers and TV news bulletins daily.The grisly discovery of almost 400 bodies in shallow graves in northern Mexico since early April has highlighted the terrible fate of many citizens who have been abducted by drug gangs and forced to work for the cartels, or killed and buried for refusing to do so.
“We never had word from him or the rest of them. It’s like the earth just swallowed them,” Estrada said, her voice quivering in despair.In an echo from some of Latin America’s military dictatorships of the 1970s and 80s, Mexico’s National Commission Human Rights has documented 5,397 disappeared people since 2006.
But it says the real figure is much higher as many victims’ families are too frightened to come forward, not trusting the authorities. In many cases, corrupt police are involved in the disappearances, or at least turn a blind eye to them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Smuggling ILLEGALS is a $6.6 Billion/year Business

Truckloads of migrants a billion-dollar business

Web Producer: Brian Pryor
MEXICO CITY (AP) —
X-ray machines at checkpoints in southern Mexico are capturing the ghostly outlines of a clandestine business worth billions a year, people packed tighter than cattle and transported like consumer goods in tractor trailers to the United States.
The machines in place for less than two years at two state police checkpoints have led to the two largest hauls of migrants, who pay anywhere from $7,000 to $30,000 for passage, depending where they start.
The United Nations estimates that smuggling migrants across Mexico’s border with the U.S. alone is a $6.6 billion business annually, compared to an estimated the $10 billion to $29 billion in illegal drug running. The migrant smuggling estimate doesn’t include another $1 billion paid by thousands of non-Mexicans to cross from Guatemala and travel north, according to a 2010 U.N. report on transnational crime.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Smuggling ILLEGALS is a $6.6 Billion/year Business

Truckloads of migrants a billion-dollar business

Web Producer: Brian Pryor
MEXICO CITY (AP) —
X-ray machines at checkpoints in southern Mexico are capturing the ghostly outlines of a clandestine business worth billions a year, people packed tighter than cattle and transported like consumer goods in tractor trailers to the United States.
The machines in place for less than two years at two state police checkpoints have led to the two largest hauls of migrants, who pay anywhere from $7,000 to $30,000 for passage, depending where they start.
The United Nations estimates that smuggling migrants across Mexico’s border with the U.S. alone is a $6.6 billion business annually, compared to an estimated the $10 billion to $29 billion in illegal drug running. The migrant smuggling estimate doesn’t include another $1 billion paid by thousands of non-Mexicans to cross from Guatemala and travel north, according to a 2010 U.N. report on transnational crime.

DUH. Blame Bush. He called it "free trade".

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace.

Your constant mantra only goes to prove that you hold Obama responsible for nothing, nada, zip,.. So, he's not just the food stamp president, but the ZERO president too. All of his 'present' votes in the Senate add up to ZERO too. Zero Hussein Obama, yeah it fits.........we'll nickname him Arnold!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your constant mantra only goes to prove that you hold Obama responsible for nothing, nada, zip,.. So, he's not just the food stamp president, but the ZERO president too. All of his 'present' votes in the Senate add up to ZERO too. Zero Hussein Obama, yeah it fits.........we'll nickname him Arnold!

Blah Blah blah blah, say something of substance on the issue. Your stuff is begining to make me wanna have a bottle of pepto at my desk.

Peace.

Peace.
First you say ^ this, then..........

Moreluck says ^ this, then........

Blah Blah blah blah, say something of substance on the issue. Your stuff is begining to make me wanna have a bottle of pepto at my desk.

Peace.
You have the audacity to tell Moreluck to say something of substance???? WOW....just wow..HAHAHAHAHA

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mexicans Use Wealth to Enter U.S. & Avoid Violence

Wealthy Mexicans Are Increasingly Investing in the U.S. to Escape Cartel Violence

By Teke Wiggin

Mexican businessman Juan Jose Pardo had finally seen enough of the drug killings in his country, and was increasingly worried over the safety of his wife and two children.
“You feel that the problem is approaching,” he said. “We decided it’s better to start taking action instead of waiting for something to happen.” Pardo is one of a rapidly increasing number of wealthy Mexicans to who are attempting to escape the violence by investing $500,000 or more in American business projects — thereby earning legal and permanent residency status in the U.S.
“It appears to be the easiest way to get your papers so you can immigrate,” said Pardo, who manages a clothing center and tourism company in Mexico City.
Members of the Mexican elite are filing for EB-5 visas, which can grant the well-heeled financiers and their families green cards in exchange for investments in projects demonstrated to create or sustain 10 U.S. jobs.
but who will be getting these jobs?