Immigration

moreluck

golden ticket member
FZsiH0e.png

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Judge failed to mention that Trump's executive order clearly states that they are enforcing existing law. Trump didn't create anything new. Existing law gives Federal government right to withhold funds from sanctuary cities who refuse to comply. Law was signed in 1996 by Bill Clinton. So do we comply with laws on the books or not?
Does Colorado allow marijuana sales? Isn't that against federal law?
Some states outlaw oral sex or sodomy. Should we prosecute those lawbreakers?

If we are not going to prosecute then why are these laws not repealed?

vantexan

Does Colorado allow marijuana sales? Isn't that against federal law?
Some states outlaw oral sex or sodomy. Should we prosecute those lawbreakers?

If we are not going to prosecute then why are these laws not repealed?
The flaw in your argument is that the Federal gov't is responsible for maintaining border security. And while the Fed's have laws against marijuana, the States have some leeway as to what is allowed within their own borders, not a national security issue. The Fed's could choose to punish States that allow marijuana sales, but so far have chosen not to. It's up to them to pick their battles. By the way when the Supreme Court allowed gay marriage I believe sodomy and oral sex between consenting adults could no longer be prosecuted. There are processes in place to address these issues, and soon this judge's injunction will be before the Supreme Court, as will every other tactic to stall the administration from carrying out enforcement of the law.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
vol4irjgefm5ncff3mrx.jpg

Yesterday the Department of Homeland Security launched a new hotline to “assist victims of crimes committed by criminal aliens.” The resulting “:censored2: you!” from average Americans was swift and hilarious.

Less than a day into its pitiful existence, the VOICE hotline has been rendered unusable by tipsters claiming to have seen criminal aliens of the extraterrestrial kind. I called four times. Twice all operators were unavailable. The other two attempts resulted in a busy signal. Other concerned citizens seeking to report a mothership streaking across the sky were told the line was closed despite calling during normal business hours.

Trump Administration Gets Trolled

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Quran blamed in new U.S. disease outbreak

According to reports from the health commissioner’s office, there are now 30 cases of children in Hennepin County who have been diagnosed with measles, and 28 of them are Somali children who have not been vaccinated. All of the cases involve children 5 years of age and younger.

Dr. Andrew Bostom, M.D., an academic internist specializing in general internal medicine who has also authored several books about the history of Islam, said Muslim communities often prove difficult to convince that vaccinations are appropriate for their children.

“The case against vaccinations is first an Islamic one,” he said, citing a 2011 article by Dr. Majid Katme, spokesman for the Islamic Medical Association in the United Kingdom.

“We are giving our innocent children haram [forbidden] substances and harmful chemicals that destroy their natural immune systems, causing disease, suffering and death,” Dr. Katme wrote.

Health officials stress vaccination against measles “because there is no medicine” that can cure it. Hospitals try to stabilize patients by giving them intravenous fluids to counter dehydration. They are quarantined in special hospital rooms that prevent the virus from infecting others in the hospital.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Quran blamed in new U.S. disease outbreak

According to reports from the health commissioner’s office, there are now 30 cases of children in Hennepin County who have been diagnosed with measles, and 28 of them are Somali children who have not been vaccinated. All of the cases involve children 5 years of age and younger.

Dr. Andrew Bostom, M.D., an academic internist specializing in general internal medicine who has also authored several books about the history of Islam, said Muslim communities often prove difficult to convince that vaccinations are appropriate for their children.

“The case against vaccinations is first an Islamic one,” he said, citing a 2011 article by Dr. Majid Katme, spokesman for the Islamic Medical Association in the United Kingdom.

“We are giving our innocent children haram [forbidden] substances and harmful chemicals that destroy their natural immune systems, causing disease, suffering and death,” Dr. Katme wrote.

Health officials stress vaccination against measles “because there is no medicine” that can cure it. Hospitals try to stabilize patients by giving them intravenous fluids to counter dehydration. They are quarantined in special hospital rooms that prevent the virus from infecting others in the hospital.
Probably didn't help that our government used fake vaccination programs in the middle east to carry out intelligence operations.

wkmac

Good one @moreluck

Like I've said again and again, at the end of the day, there really isn't that much real difference between the 2 political wings and their minions. Just a bunch of used car salesman who know how to reframe the rhetoric to make you think the AMC Pacer is a new Lamborghini when in reality what we are fighting over is a damn trashcan.

berkeley-protest-garbage-container.jpg

newfie

I don't know if you have ever been to Baltimore but it has it's problems. :wink-very:
its a part of the immigration problem that totally baffles me. Baltimore has a problem with black America. Black America there is not doing well and have rioted in the streets in protest. why then would you look to immigrate more poor from other countries when you have not addressed the needs of the existing poor or solved their problems. why would you encourage more lawlessness by showing those residents its ok to thumb your nose at existing laws.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
its a part of the immigration problem that totally baffles me. Baltimore has a problem with black America. Black America there is not doing well and have rioted in the streets in protest. why then would you look to immigrate more poor from other countries when you have not addressed the needs of the existing poor or solved their problems. why would you encourage more lawlessness by showing those residents its ok to thumb your nose at existing laws.
Now I get it, the reason you're against immigration is because you're just looking out for the poor black man.... makes so much sense now lol.

newfie

Now I get it, the reason you're against immigration is because you're just looking out for the poor black man.... makes so much sense now lol.

I am amongst others and you failed to address the crux of the point in your rush to mock me. its a common attack and a common attitude from liberals who think they are the only ones who can define the needs of black America. in this context the conversation you selected for your mockery was discussing Baltimore . you could have addressed that point had you some form of intellect to share. you could have addressed the point on a higher level but your mockery clouded your judgement. let me help you with your struggles and try to simplify the point so you are better able to comprehend.

why take more poor in this country when we have many who are citizens who we have not taken care of.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
why take more poor in this country when we have many who are citizens who we have not taken care of.
I don't think it's the government's job to take care of anyone, that's the difference between me, and liberals like you.

Get rid of the welfare state and then we can talk about immigration, my bet is there won't be much to talk about after that.

newfie

I don't think it's the government's job to take care of anyone, that's the difference between me, and liberals like you.

Get rid of the welfare state and then we can talk about immigration, my bet is there won't be much to talk about after that.

ignoring for the moment that you're totally out in left field on my allegedly supporting a welfare state, you did jump into a conversation that you now claim you have no interest in.