Immigration

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
ignoring for the moment that you're totally out in left field on my allegedly supporting a welfare state, you did jump into a conversation that you now claim you have no interest in.
I never claimed I didn't have an interest in it TTKU.

You said we shouldn't take in immigrants because we can't take care of our poor citizens, I said the government shouldn't be taking care of anyone. If you don't support the welfare system why are you trying to defend it by keeping immigrants out?

newfie

I never claimed I didn't have an interest in it TTKU.

You said we shouldn't take in immigrants because we can't take care of our poor citizens, I said the government shouldn't be taking care of anyone. If you don't support the welfare system why are you trying to defend it by keeping immigrants out?
that was completely out of context

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where did the spin come from?
He's trying to use the welfare state as a reason to oppose immigration, while at the same time claiming to oppose the welfare state.
A leap of Faith in those jumps to Conclusion.

Jumping-to-conclusions1.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
It’s funny; the left is always pushing for countries to take in more refugees and migrants, especially from Middle Eastern countries in turmoil, but what happens when they are asked to take a migrant into their own home?

Many usually say “of course I would house and help a migrant,” but in reality, would they?

A television show in France decided to put this to the test. They not only took to the streets to ask people if they wanted more immigration, but they asked people if they would take a migrant into their own homes.

All of the people they asked were absolutely for more immigration and would absolutely take a migrant into their homes. There was no question about it.

Until they actually produced a migrant and said he needed to stay somewhere.

Every single one of the people who said they’d take a migrant into their homes, refused. They each used different excuses, but they all refused when actually faced with the real choice of taking in a migrant.

Watch What Happens When Pro-Migrant French Are Asked to House a Refugee

Babagounj

Strength through joy
John Kerry's second wife's dead husband's trust fund owns several houses and his mother's family owns a private island.
The Obama's have several houses , they haven't used the one in Chicago for over 8 years .
Granma Nancy P owns a winery in CA, plenty of room for several whole families .
The Kennedy Compound is right on the ocean with a private beach.

BrownArmy

John Kerry's second wife's dead husband's trust fund owns several houses and his mother's family owns a private island.
The Obama's have several houses , they haven't used the one in Chicago for over 8 years .
Granma Nancy P owns a winery in CA, plenty of room for several whole families .
The Kennedy Compound is right on the ocean with a private beach.

Jelly?