Immigration

vantexan

I don’t think that viewpoint is supported by evidence. More people will seek treatment and get help with decriminalization. Better public education will reduce usage. Destigmatize the mental health issues that lead to addiction and more abusers will seek help. It’s a public health problem, not a criminal one. Robbery will remain illegal. Look at cigarette usage declines with a public health education effort that’s lasted for decades. We have evidence based models that work, we should explore those over ones we know don’t work.
Sorry Mak I responded to IWBF mentioning cigarettes first.

vantexan

Every once in a while, you post some of the stupidest :poop:!

Alcohol is a drug! LOL
Well aware. But is it a drug that a single use, not overuse, but a single use by a first time user that can kill you? Had a margarita at a Mexican restaurant, no big deal. Go back behind the restaurant and shoot up heroin and die, pretty big deal.

MAKAVELI

Well aware. But is it a drug that a single use, not overuse, but a single use by a first time user that can kill you? Had a margarita at a Mexican restaurant, no big deal. Go back behind the restaurant and shoot up heroin and die, pretty big deal.
Drink a margarita, get behind the wheel and kill someone or yourself on the road. No big deal.:lol:

vantexan

Drink a margarita, get behind the wheel a and kill someone or yourself on the road. No big deal.:lol:
Drink 3 margaritas maybe. Personal responsibility is a whole other issue. Can't have folks like DIDO saying he doesn't want the government telling anyone what they can do with their body, then turn around and condemn alcohol on moderation to justify hard drug use. I've never been drunk, have no desire to start, rarely drink. But I'm not going to deny millions of people having wine with their meal or the occasional whiskey. But drunkenness is drug abuse as surely as smoking crack. Many thousands die because of it in car wrecks or even homicides. So no sympathy here.

MAKAVELI

Drink 3 margaritas maybe. Personal responsibility is a whole other issue. Can't have folks like DIDO saying he doesn't want the government telling anyone what they can do with their body, then turn around and condemn alcohol on moderation to justify hard drug use. I've never been drunk, have no desire to start, rarely drink. But I'm not going to deny millions of people having wine with their meal or the occasional whiskey. But drunkenness is drug abuse as surely as smoking crack. Many thousands die because of it in car wrecks or even homicides. So no sympathy here.
It really is sad people like you can't learn from history.
Why Prohibition Failed

El Correcto

god is dead
Son you have never smoked weed in your life or experience a shroom high. I pity you :crying:

vantexan

When did I condemn alcohol in moderation? Try to make sense.
Didn't say you did. I was saying he was trying to make an equivalence between drinking alcohol in moderation being as bad as using hard drugs. If some are going to make the argument that the government shouldn't be telling people what they can do with their bodies then he can't be anything but disingenuous for attacking alcohol in moderation to justify using hard drugs. I wasn't very clear, sorry.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Didn't say you did. I was saying he was trying to make an equivalence between drinking alcohol in moderation being as bad as using hard drugs. If some are going to make the argument that the government shouldn't be telling people what they can do with their bodies then he can't be anything but disingenuous for attacking alcohol in moderation to justify using hard drugs. I wasn't very clear, sorry.
I can condemn drug use, and still be against the government telling people they can't do them.

I'm against obese people stuffing their faces with the poison Mcdonalds sells, you won't hear me suggesting the government ban Big Macs though.

oldngray

nowhere special
Every once in a while, you post some of the stupidest :poop:!

Alcohol is a drug! LOL
solution.jpg