Immigration

rickyb

Yah, it’s a common story, you couldn’t put in the work to make it.

It’s too bad, I’d love to see you in the center manager’s office everyday...
no its about expectations. if you have me scheduled to show up to work, you'd better pay me.

if you want to work long hours at UPS be my guest, there are worse jobs out there. but i aint putting up with the BS especially when i have no intention of making a career out of it.

oldngray

nowhere special
27074509.jpg

rickyb

I would of been excited if I shown up and they didn’t have work.

I would of thanked them for the free money, grabbed a grievance from my steward and gone home.
well i did contact the union and apparently they dont have to pay me anything. i cant remember what the collective agreement said, but i know canadian labour law says because UPS is federally regulated they dont have to pay me anything for showing up to work, even though they should. guessing this :censored2: wouldnt fly in australia or europe. but actually they did pay me a few hours, the :censored2: supervisor said ok heres the deal we will pay you for showing up but youre fired, so i said sure and started swearing at him.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
well i did contact the union and apparently they dont have to pay me anything. i cant remember what the collective agreement said, but i know canadian labour law says because UPS is federally regulated they dont have to pay me anything for showing up to work, even though they should. guessing this :censored2: wouldnt fly in australia or europe. but actually they did pay me a few hours, the :censored2: supervisor said ok heres the deal we will pay you for showing up but youre fired, so i said sure and started swearing at him.

This quote right here, is a pretty good example of why my generation is doomed for all eternity.

Ignorant jackasses with no sense of decency, no work ethic, and no self control.

rickyb

This quote right here, is a pretty good example of why my generation is doomed for all eternity.

Ignorant jackasses with no sense of decency, no work ethic, and no self control.
our generation is doomed because we have no sense of justice or democracy. we think the cure to the worlds problems is positive thinking. we are entertaining ourselves to death. and we fail to understand that things will collapse quickly in the next 20 years or so.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
our generation is doomed because we have no sense of justice or democracy. we think the cure to the worlds problems is positive thinking. we are entertaining ourselves to death. and we fail to understand that things will collapse quickly in the next 20 years or so.

Like the edit.

20 years, huh?
Will New York be underwater then, Mr. Gore?

rickyb

Like the edit.

20 years, huh?
Will New York be underwater then, Mr. Gore?
yes you Ignorant jackasses with no sense of decency, no work ethic, and no self control.

since youre so smart, what should we be doing?

its a good idea to have a bad work ethic on the job, they are paying you by the hour anyways, it creates overtime, lowers the unemployment rate, and puts less strain on your body.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Come on man, you know he's right. UPS lies to new employees and strings them along.

I'm under no illusions about UPS. A lot of their policies are deceptive, and underhanded.

But this isn't about UPS. This is about us. I won't ever curse at a supervisor. I won't lash out irrationally because I feel hard done by. And I certainly won't just walk out of my job.

We should be striving to be better than that. The choices UPS makes are completely irrelevant to our own.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
yes you Ignorant jackasses with no sense of decency, no work ethic, and no self control.

since youre so smart, what should we be doing?

its a good idea to have a bad work ethic on the job, they are paying you by the hour anyways, it creates overtime, lowers the unemployment rate, and puts less strain on your body.

Ricky, the answer is not to have a bad work ethic. When I go into work, I'm acknowledging an agreement between myself, and the company. I will work my hardest to get the work done that they ask of me, and they will pay me 13 dollars an hour for said work.

Don't get me wrong, I love overtime. I can't think of a time when I haven't volunteered for extra work. But even though some people might try to cheat me, I will not stoop to trying to cheat back.