Immigration

rickyb

Ricky, the answer is not to have a bad work ethic. When I go into work, I'm acknowledging an agreement between myself, and the company. I will work my hardest to get the work done that they ask of me, and they will pay me 13 dollars an hour for said work.

Don't get me wrong, I love overtime. I can't think of a time when I haven't volunteered for extra work. But even though some people might try to cheat me, I will not stoop to trying to cheat back.
youre being ripped off. UPS is enjoying record profits, american wages arent any higher adj for inflation than they were in 1973. meanwhile china's has gone up 4x in 25 years i believe.

the cure to fix america's woes is not to work harder :S

agreeing to work for a capitalist is like a choice between dictators.

you remind me of hte horse in animal farm. he was led to the slaughter at the end...

El Correcto

god is dead
youre being ripped off. UPS is enjoying record profits, american wages arent any higher adj for inflation than they were in 1973. meanwhile china's has gone up 4x in 25 years i believe.

the cure to fix america's woes is not to work harder :S

agreeing to work for a capitalist is like a choice between dictators.

you remind me of hte horse in animal farm. he was led to the slaughter at the end...
Why are china’s wages rising?

rickyb

I'm under no illusions about UPS. A lot of their policies are deceptive, and underhanded.

But this isn't about UPS. This is about us. I won't ever curse at a supervisor. I won't lash out irrationally because I feel hard done by. And I certainly won't just walk out of my job.

We should be striving to be better than that. The choices UPS makes are completely irrelevant to our own.
the choices UPS makes very much affects your own :S

UPS was a sinking ship for me so i made an executive decision to swear at the supervisor. i regret not going completely bezerk. whats wrong with giving :censored2:s some hell? why do you want to conform?

rickyb

Why are china’s wages rising?
i dont know. probably govt policy and the economy. american wages could rise again to, but the govts are all anti union anti worker, pro big business. so the only thing that goes up is corporate profits and top 1% of society or whatever.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
64682604_2273807499321401_1286952448774111232_n.jpg
AOC on the TV is classic.

rickyb

classic article on the history of CBP. they hired too quickly and theres alot of corrupt border agents. also quotes obama deporting record numbers of illegals:

"
Hosko heard senior CBP officials say at the meetings that they believed roughly 10 percent of the agency’s workforce had integrity problems, but he was even more stunned when they batted around a range of numbers, going as high at one point as 20 percent, of those who might deserve to be removed from the force.

“That’s a shocking number and chilling. If I have the senior leaders of an organization like CBP—with 40,000 uniforms and guns—saying 20 percent, that’s shocking,” Hosko told me. “Let’s say that’s a gross exaggeration. Let’s cut that in half. Let’s say it’s just 5 percent. That’s still thousands of people.” (Asked about Hosko’s numbers, CBP officials denied that the force had such systemic problems but refused to confirm whether the meetings he cited had taken place.)"

The Green Monster

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Trump Administration Is Sending Fines To Illegal Immigrants Who Refuse To Leave The US

“It is the intention of [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] to order you pay a fine in the amount of $497,777,” read a June 25 ICE letter to Edith Espinal M, a woman who has remained in Ohio despite an immigration judge ruling two years ago that she must leave.

The agency said it began sending these fines in December 2018. An alien who ignores a deportation order can be hit with a fine of about $3,000, and that fine can increase by no more than $500 for each day they remain in the U.S.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
More to that story;

• Edith Espinal-M, a Mexican woman, received a notice from ICE that she will be fined $497,777 for refusing to leave the country
  • Espinal was detained and bailed in 2013 after jumping the Texas border with her 15-year-old son and 34 other people
  • A judge ordered her deportation in 2016 but she cut off her ankle monitor
  • Taking refuge in an Ohio church while the judge's 'final order of removal' remains in force; federal law allows for a $500 fine per day for defying it
  • Espinal's lawyer said she 'laughed' when she read the letter about the fine

15583792-7209317-image-a-1_1562162088670.jpg

15583788-7209317-image-a-2_1562162094398.jpg

rickyb

its not hard to imagine CBP is treating the immigrants that badly. an aussie and a european on vacation i met had bad things to say about CBP. in addition, america doesnt take care of the poor. and its forgien policy is basically as bad as the nazis anyways in terms of supporting dictatorships, black sites, torture, etc.

rickyb

More to that story;

• Edith Espinal-M, a Mexican woman, received a notice from ICE that she will be fined $497,777 for refusing to leave the country
  • Espinal was detained and bailed in 2013 after jumping the Texas border with her 15-year-old son and 34 other people
  • A judge ordered her deportation in 2016 but she cut off her ankle monitor
  • Taking refuge in an Ohio church while the judge's 'final order of removal' remains in force; federal law allows for a $500 fine per day for defying it
  • Espinal's lawyer said she 'laughed' when she read the letter about the fine

15583792-7209317-image-a-1_1562162088670.jpg

15583788-7209317-image-a-2_1562162094398.jpg
prisoners are charged fines for stuff they should have to pay for (basic supplies for example) and when they get out if they dont pay they go back to jail. and if you have a criminal record its harder to get a job :S what kind of system is this? by design.

floridays

its not hard to imagine CBP is treating the immigrants that badly. an aussie and a european on vacation i met had bad things to say about CBP. in addition, america doesnt take care of the poor. and its forgien policy is basically as bad as the nazis anyways in terms of supporting dictatorships, black sites, torture, etc.
You're correct on all points:rolleyes:, that is the precise reason there is no problem with illegal entries into our country, our country, not yours:thumbup1:.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Under the “remain in Mexico” policy, anyone returned must be fluent in Spanish because they may have to reside in Mexico up to five years until a U.S. federal judge decides their asylum claim. So to work around this requirement always claim to not being able to understand Spanish. Which in a way is funny seeing most are entering through Mexico.

rickyb

You're correct on all points:rolleyes:, that is the precise reason there is no problem with illegal entries into our country, our country, not yours:thumbup1:.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
was that a joke? am i missing something?

america is the country with a life expectancy much lower than other developed countries, america is the country which houses a majority of the worlds financial terrorists who destroyed the economy, america is the country that blames immigrants for financial terrorism, america is the country that exports mediocrisy around the world, america is the country with the :censored2: border patrol

floridays

was that a joke? am i missing something?

america is the country with a life expectancy much lower than other developed countries, america is the country which houses a majority of the worlds financial terrorists who destroyed the economy, america is the country that blames immigrants for financial terrorism, america is the country that exports mediocrisy around the world, america is the country with the :censored2: border patrol
No, that was not a joke.......or something.
I simply stipulated your "facts," regardless of agreement.
It is, "Our Country," not yours, mind your own knittin.

On your excursion to my country last summer, I offered you well wishes, quite frankly I hoped you enjoyed your trip.
That being said, we don't need clown Canucks (that are pissed with their homeland) trying to tell us what to do.
Is that understood? I can be much clearer in my response if need be.

You got that buddy?

rickyb

No, that was not a joke.......or something.
I simply stipulated your "facts," regardless of agreement.
It is, "Our Country," not yours, mind your own knittin.

On your excursion to my country last summer, I offered you well wishes, quite frankly I hoped you enjoyed your trip.
That being said, we don't need clown Canucks (that are pissed with their homeland) trying to tell us what to do.
Is that understood? I can be much clearer in my response if need be.

You got that buddy?
that was very nice and mature of you. a complete opposite of the usual i get from you.

floridays

that was very nice and mature of you. a complete opposite of the usual i get from you.
Relive our posts from your trip to the west and southwest, I was extremely nice and welcoming to you. I'm not mature, old yes..... still a little kid inside however.:thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup1:.