Immigration

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do I have you confused with someone else or have you made a total turn around in your thinking?
My position has always been open borders and closed wallets... end the entitlement system and let the free market work out this immigration nonsense.

But that ain't happening. The Democrats are basically Communists now.

In the meantime, these people can go :censored2: themselves, my tax money ain't for their kind.

vantexan

Do I have you confused with someone else or have you made a total turn around in your thinking?
Winston Churchill once said something to the effect that if you're 20 and not a liberal you have no heart, but if 40 and not a conservative you have no brain. Based on his recent posts I think DIDO might have started seeing things a little different than before.

vantexan

Winston Churchill once said something to the effect that if you're 20 and not a liberal you have no heart, but if 40 and not a conservative you have no brain. Based on his recent posts I think DIDO might have started seeing things a little different than before.
Or he's trolling us. Never sure with him!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I thought so. I remember arguing with him a long time ago and disagreeing with a lot of what he said, but lately I’ve been agreeing with a lot of his comments. Lol.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Nope.
I make calculated decisions.
Democrats have turned to the extreme.

Voting third party is no longer a viable option for me personally.

vantexan

I like how Trump convinced you to go get a job and stop being a loser.

Proud of you fren.

MAGA
Trump did that, true. He called me up in April and said have you noticed that super heavy rain is delaying crops being planted? I checked and said gosh, you're right, thanks Donald. So I flew home from Colombia early, called a guy about a job I knew I'd like, started May 6th. By June opened a commodities account with $3000. Had a setback in August with a bearish USDA report that everyone thought would be bullish, cost me $3500. But kept plugging away. Late August got into a car crash, lucky to be ok. Did set me back a little. Wife replaced car with more expensive one. Will cost me $45k over 6 years. But I kept plugging. Freeze just hit delayed planted, immature crops. Market took off Friday. My account now stands at $10,667.50. More to come. Trump and Chinese just came to an agreement. I'll use what I've made so far to buy lean hog contracts. The Chinese are desperate to buy pork. Their pork herd has been decimated to the tune of hundreds of millions of pigs. Pork in the U.S. is depressed due to oversupply. We had a virus kill millions of piglets in 2013 that caused the market to run up about 30 cents a pound from 95¢ to around $1.25. There are 40,000 lbs in a contract. Do the math. We're around 70¢ a pound now. Right place, right time. Hasta la vista, baby.

BrownArmy

Trump did that, true. He called me up in April and said have you noticed that super heavy rain is delaying crops being planted? I checked and said gosh, you're right, thanks Donald. So I flew home from Colombia early, called a guy about a job I knew I'd like, started May 6th. By June opened a commodities account with $3000. Had a setback in August with a bearish USDA report that everyone thought would be bullish, cost me $3500. But kept plugging away. Late August got into a car crash, lucky to be ok. Did set me back a little. Wife replaced car with more expensive one. Will cost me $45k over 6 years. But I kept plugging. Freeze just hit delayed planted, immature crops. Market took off Friday. My account now stands at $10,667.50. More to come. Trump and Chinese just came to an agreement. I'll use what I've made so far to buy lean hog contracts. The Chinese are desperate to buy pork. Their pork herd has been decimated to the tune of hundreds of millions of pigs. Pork in the U.S. is depressed due to oversupply. We had a virus kill millions of piglets in 2013 that caused the market to run up about 30 cents a pound from 95¢ to around $1.25. There are 40,000 lbs in a contract. Do the math. We're around 70¢ a pound now. Right place, right time. Hasta la vista, baby.

wut

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Your posts now resemble @MrFedEx’s, in that they’re creative writing, or alternate reality.

vantexan

Your posts now resemble @MrFedEx’s, in that they’re creative writing, or alternate reality.
Sorry amigo if you don't follow the commodity markets. There was another bearish USDA report that caused corn futures to drastically drop Thursday, then exploded up Friday due to the record October weather in the upper Midwest. One of the worst years ever getting crop planted over most of the corn belt due to heavy rain. Rain has returned making fields too muddy to harvest what has matured. Meanwhile African Swine Fever has killed over half of the world's largest pig herd in China, and is spreading throughout Asia. We just happen to have excess pork here due to replenishing our herd after the devastating Ped-V virus in 2013. Producers increased the herd too much trying to take advantage of the high prices. So what to do, what to do? China has a 60% tariff on our pork but that's being removed. Bottom line corn is still under $4 a bushel, but record was set in 2012 at over $8 a bushel. Might not go that high but is going up. Pork prices are still very low but if China buys, and with the Chinese New Year coming in January it's about 99% certain they will, prices are going up. I don't recommend anyone trade commodities without a firm grasp of fundamental and technical analysis. Extremely risky. I've followed the markets for 30 years, made $125k in a coffee bull market. But most first time traders lose their initial investment, and the potential is there to lose exponentially more very quickly. Do your due diligence.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sorry amigo if you don't follow the commodity markets. There was another bearish USDA report that caused corn futures to drastically drop Thursday, then exploded up Friday due to the record October weather in the upper Midwest. One of the worst years ever getting crop planted over most of the corn belt due to heavy rain. Rain has returned making fields too muddy to harvest what has matured. Meanwhile African Swine Fever has killed over half of the world's largest pig herd in China, and is spreading throughout Asia. We just happen to have excess pork here due to replenishing our herd after the devastating Ped-V virus in 2013. Producers increased the herd too much trying to take advantage of the high prices. So what to do, what to do? China has a 60% tariff on our pork but that's being removed. Bottom line corn is still under $4 a bushel, but record was set in 2012 at over $8 a bushel. Might not go that high but is going up. Pork prices are still very low but if China buys, and with the Chinese New Year coming in January it's about 99% certain they will, prices are going up. I don't recommend anyone trade commodities without a firm grasp of fundamental and technical analysis. Extremely risky. I've followed the markets for 30 years, made $125k in a coffee bull market. But most first time traders lose their initial investment, and the potential is there to lose exponentially more very quickly. Do your due diligence.
Trump did that, true. He called me up in April and said have you noticed that super heavy rain is delaying crops being planted?
So, Trump called and gave you the heads up??

O kay :backingout:

vantexan

Do you author serious essays by prefacing them with an outlandish claim, and then expect to be taken seriously?

Ok. You resemble Dido, not MFE. Happy?
I was responding to DIDO. If you don't like me talking about investing just say so. No one forced you to read my posts. And yes, I get it, I was just a lowly courier. How could I possibly know anything about anything?