Immigration

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oh, you bet he is...lol

Expert troll: DeSantis budgets $8 million to transport illegal aliens sent to Florida to places like Delaware and Martha’s Vineyard

Florida’s Governor Ron DeSantis has added a bit of clever trolling to his impressively well-thought-out five-part plan to make up for the default of the Biden regime on border control.

This is brilliant on multiple grounds:
  1. Any protest against, say, a planeload of illegals landing at Martha’s Vineyard Airport, would only highlight the point that illegals are being flown at taxpayer expense to states far from the border – in the dead of night, often.
  2. If one wishes to call the DeSantis plan “illegal” or “improper,” then the same terms must also apply to the Biden plan currently underway.
  3. It would mobilize public opinion in blue states against the influx.
  4. The expense is easily justifiable because of the social welfare and education costs attendant to illegal immigrants. Again, objections would just emphasize the costs of the Biden plan.
Drop them off at Katama Airfield on Martha's Vineyard with directions to the Obama Compound on King Point Way.
It's just a short walk away.
Obama has plenty of land to set up a refugee camp.

Or ferry them over to Naushon Island from Cape Cod.
Private island of the Forbes' clan.
{ kin of John Forbes Kerry )

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This is the new face of Biden's Open Border Policy.
Francisco Solano-Godinez
According to federal court documents, over the decades this 64-year-old Mexican has given arresting officers 26 different aliases, eight false dates of birth and three fraudulent Social Security numbers.
Not that it matters but the feds say Solano was involved in a triple-fatality drunk-driving crash in Visalia, Calif., in September 1985.
The OUI and vehicular-homicide charges were eventually reduced and he was deported.
Less than two years later, though, was back in California, failing to show up for a court appearance for … speeding.
Last month Solano was released from federal prison in Greenville, Ill., “and transportation was arranged to San Diego, California via taxi and bus.”
His deportation detainer has been lifted by the Department of Homeland Security and he is going to be released and transported by bus to San Diego for supervision.
His adjustment to supervision has been unsatisfactory to say the least, the probation office told the judge.
He has failed to report to the probation office and immediately absconded from supervision.
His current whereabouts remain unknown.

rickyb

Interesting....this is from way back in 1907....

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907. "In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because o friend creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
natives say otherwise.

turns out being president doesnt mean u have a monopoly on truth

rickyb

im going to report my roommate to immigration when i move out.

even though im against the idea of ppl being stuck in certain countries.

rickyb

rickyb

Why should I be happy? The population growth here is causing bad traffic and crazy housing prices.
pop growth has little to do with housing prices.

my mom bought her place in vancouver for 1.5x her hospital clerk income when the population was over 1,000,000 long ago. seattle is 3 hours away, and whistler is 1.5 hours away.

nowadays it would be 18x here for hospital clerk even though pop is only double what it was when she bought.

nowadays thunder bay, 5 hours from a big city, would be 5x a hospital clerks income, even though its remote and population is only 100,000. comparing thunder bay now to vancouver back then is the key to realizing something doesnt add up. thunder bay has all kinds of land.

so to me it has little to do with population growth. beating on the immigrants is just another deflection and a way of beating on the least of these.

bad traffic is probably because late stage american empire means it doesnt maintain its infrastructure including building more roads or investing in in mass transit

vantexan

my mom bought her place in vancouver for 1.5x her hospital clerk income when the population was over 1,000,000 long ago. seattle is 3 hours away, and whistler is 1.5 hours away.

nowadays it would be 18x here for hospital clerk even though pop is only double what it was when she bought.

nowadays thunder bay, 5 hours from a big city, would be 5x a hospital clerks income, even though its remote and population is only 100,000. comparing thunder bay now to vancouver back then is the key to realizing something doesnt add up. thunder bay has all kinds of land.

so to me it has little to do with population growth. beating on the immigrants is just another deflection and a way of beating on the least of these.

bad traffic is probably because late stage american empire means it doesnt maintain its infrastructure including building more roads or investing in in mass transit
Pretty certain that Vancouver's housing was strongly affected by folks from Hong Kong getting out with their money before the Chinese government cracked down on HK.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I don’t have to have a degree in economics to know that population growth will lead to an increased demand in housing which can in turn lead to a housing shortage, thus creating a rise in housing prices. Also, the bad traffic here is caused by the rapid influx of people moving here from Blue states.

Previously, there was an “in-season” from approximately November-April when Northerners (snowbirds) would come to spend the winter. Traffic was heavier then, but manageable. There has been no off-season since maybe October of 2020. In other words, the traffic has nothing to do with lack of maintenance on the roads.

rickyb

Pretty certain that Vancouver's housing was strongly affected by folks from Hong Kong getting out with their money before the Chinese government cracked down on HK.
ok i think toronto is about as bad now too. i have heard about money laundering. but im not sure how much to blame these things are...especially when comparing vancouver back in the day to modern thunder bay

feel like banks creating money and increasing hte debt has more to do with prices rising than anything. think govts like it when prices rise too.

rickyb

I don’t have to have a degree in economics to know that population growth will lead to an increased demand in housing which can in turn lead to a housing shortage, thus creating a rise in housing prices. Also, the bad traffic here is caused by the rapid influx of people moving here from Blue states.

Previously, there was an “in-season” from approximately November-April when Northerners (snowbirds) would come to spend the winter. Traffic was heavier then, but manageable. There has been no off-season since maybe October of 2020. In other words, the traffic has nothing to do with lack of maintenance on the roads.
rush hour has nothing to do with how big the roads are? obviously if they expanded the roads there would be no rush hour.

i doubt population growth has much to do with housing prices being many X more than incomes these days.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
rush hour has nothing to do with how big the roads are? obviously if they expanded the roads there would be no rush hour.

i doubt population growth has much to do with housing prices being many X more than incomes these days.
You are not here and have no idea what the situation is. You can speculate all day long and still don’t know. I see it every day.

vantexan

ok i think toronto is about as bad now too. i have heard about money laundering. but im not sure how much to blame these things are...especially when comparing vancouver back in the day to modern thunder bay

feel like banks creating money and increasing hte debt has more to do with prices rising than anything. think govts like it when prices rise too.
It's supply and demand. If people with a lot of money show up and spend top dollar to take available housing the overall cost of housing will go up. Vancouver and Toronto were particularly affected because they already had large Asian populations and Canada is a British Commonwealth country. Hong Kong used to be a British protectorate so its residents get special consideration.