Immigration

rickyb

You are not here and have no idea what the situation is. You can speculate all day long and still don’t know. I see it every day.
just bc you live somewhere doesnt mean u know anything.

youd have to know some history about incomes to housing values in your area and across the country. its probably the same story more or less.

rickyb

It's supply and demand. If people with a lot of money show up and spend top dollar to take available housing the overall cost of housing will go up. Vancouver and Toronto were particularly affected because they already had large Asian populations and Canada is a British Commonwealth country. Hong Kong used to be a British protectorate so its residents get special consideration.
so how do you explain thunder bay currently being 5x a hospital clerks income for a condo when theres tons of land and population is only 100k and its remote, VS vancouver when pop was over 1 million and it was 1.5x the same income...

theres a greater money supply in the form of debt, and that increased the housing prices.

the banks in america used to lend you like 25% or so max of your income for a mortgage. they got rid of the rules since then and its closer to 50% now.

vantexan

just bc you live somewhere doesnt mean u know anything.

youd have to know some history about incomes to housing values in your area and across the country. its probably the same story more or less.
Ricky Florida is much smaller than Texas and California but now has over 20 million residents. Millions more come down every winter and millions come all year for attractions like Disney World. You can only have so many highways and believe me they are expanded constantly. Where I live used to be all orange groves and cow pastures. Now has The Villages, over 100,000 and still growing. Roads haven't kept up with the growth.

rickyb

Ricky Florida is much smaller than Texas and California but now has over 20 million residents. Millions more come down every winter and millions come all year for attractions like Disney World. You can only have so many highways and believe me they are expanded constantly. Where I live used to be all orange groves and cow pastures. Now has The Villages, over 100,000 and still growing. Roads haven't kept up with the growth.
im not familiar with that. i would say the problem is political more than anything. you guys always complain about immigrants taking away jobs, you should complain to expand the road to reduce rush hour which will create jobs.

the reason we have rush hour is because people standards are so low they tolerate it.

america infrastructure is a D rating from what i recall. ive seen it first hand many times.

american population growth is only 25% what it was in 1960...

vantexan

so how do you explain thunder bay currently being 5x a hospital clerks income for a condo when theres tons of land and population is only 100k and its remote, VS vancouver when pop was over 1 million and it was 1.5x the same income...

theres a greater money supply in the form of debt, and that increased the housing prices.

the banks in america used to lend you like 25% or so max of your income for a mortgage. they got rid of the rules since then and its closer to 50% now.
No doubt the banks play a part in it. Certainly did in the 2008 crash. But you are focused on blaming one sector when there are other factors that greatly contributed to the increase. When prices start rising people with money figure out ways to cash in. Your belief that all that excess can be controlled with government regulation is misguided. Taking away profit incentives always leads to worse conditions for everyone. But I agree that housing prices are out of whack. When the real estate market crashed in 2008 Florida got hard hit. What that means for the working man is the chance to get a home for less. Overheated markets sooner or later collapse. People just need to prepare for buying opportunities if they want a home. Not buy a home they can't afford.

vantexan

im not familiar with that. i would say the problem is political more than anything. you guys always complain about immigrants taking away jobs, you should complain to expand the road to reduce rush hour which will create jobs.

the reason we have rush hour is because people standards are so low they tolerate it.

america infrastructure is a D rating from what i recall. ive seen it first hand many times.

american population growth is only 25% what it was in 1960...
But we are familiar with it. It's not as easy as snapping your fingers and fixing the problem. We don't have unlimited land to expand and expanding what we do have takes time and greatly slows down the already existing heavy traffic.

Mutineer

Welcome to Murica! People like you love to hate on California and then wonder wtf is going on when it happens to your little slice of Murica. 🤣
It takes a special kind of sadist to celebrate the stratification and pestilence of Californication upon the beloved communities of those who reside, and then mock their frustration and sadness.

Very much like those who would intentionally spread an STD, and then laugh at their victims.
You are not here and have no idea what the situation is. You can speculate all day long and still don’t know. I see it every day.
Indeed. Nothing quite like the hubris of someone telling you all about what it's like, and what's going on where you live. From hundreds or thousands of miles away.

MAKAVELI

It takes a special kind of sadist to celebrate the stratification and pestilence of Californication upon the beloved communities of those who reside, and then mock their frustration and sadness.

Very much like those who would intentionally spread an STD, and then laugh at their victims.
It's not Californication. It's Murication. Reap what you sow, homie.....

Mutineer

Yeah that's not what right wing nutjobs sow. But you keep believing that :censored2: and see where this goes.
The extremists of both major parties are a liability. And both are doubling-down on stupid.

As it stands, my demographic is, and has been constantly maligned by nearly the entire spectrum of one political party.

As a person who values self-preservation, I do not find their rhetoric (sincere or not) appealing.

However, I know that if the extremists in the other political party run amok, there may come a day that I will not be looked favorably upon by them, either.

All a person can do is go for a ride on the monster that doesn't openly advocate their demise. For now.

Sadly, as things get worse, picking neither will be the worst option.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Fox News report on same :

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"Because it goes to a very fundamental principle of all nations, which is that our borders should be inviolate, that our sovereignty should be respected." - Joe Biden on Ukraine / Russia
Hey Joe! Ever hear of America/Mexico?
What a stupid s:censored2:t.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Good News for all the border jumpers.
Now you can drive drunk , be involved in a vehicle homicide , not stop and not worry about being deported.
  • Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas created new rules in September changing the priority of what illegal immigrant criminals to deport
  • Mayorkas claims the new rules will focus on immigrants who pose national security or public safety risk or who are recent border jumpers
  • ICE said less severe criminal record detainers – or requests for deportation – are no longer considered 'priority lifts'
  • Mayorkas, ICE says, doesn't see them as important targets