Immune Cell Cancer Treatment

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Interesting study. I always thought our fight on cancer would go in this direction.

Cancer breakthrough: Scientists say immune system transplants mean 'future is incredibly bright'
giphy (31).gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All transplants generally require immune suppressive drugs so I’ll wait to see how bright this particular future is.
I believe this is on the gene level. I don't know if the body would see it as an invader? Interesting question. I think they are attempting self DNA repair.

P

pickup

I believe this is on the gene level. I don't know if the body would see it as an invader? Interesting question. I think they are attempting self DNA repair.

I was being something of a smart ass in that post but you are right it is an interesting question.

Indecisi0n

I don't believe they even fully understand the immune system at this point . Trying to replace it without understanding it 100% seems risky. It's not like a limb where I'd it goes wrong you can just cut it off .

Wally

I was being something of a smart ass in that post but you are right it is an interesting question.
The trouble with cancer is the cell dna is damaged but the immune system doesn't see it, so those damaged cell grow and multiply unchecked. I think they will attempt to add DNA into the cancer cells so the body will destroy them.

Wally

if we dont stop global warming and nuclear war we are finished regardless
Global warming is not man made so taxing carbon in some countries and not others won't work. China alone is building massive amount of coal electric plants.

As for nukes, can't see how to stop that?