Important Question, Please Help!

JackSlade

Hello all,

My names Jack, and heres my question. I worked for UPS as a package handler for two years then I quit to pursue another path, Now I got my class A license and I was trying to apply for a Dedicated Driver position in Redding CA, and it says "as a former employee I'm not currently eligible for rehire" what does this mean ? and when will I be able to be rehired ? I quit in Sept 08'. Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

Jack-

UPSGUY72

It means that when you quit your where put on the NO REHIRE LIST I won't speculate on the reason why becasue I would be here all night. You had your chance to work for UPS once before like STUG has said it's time to move on. You said you have your class A so finding a job shouldn't be that hard it just won't be with UPS.

This should teach you that when you get your next good job don't quit becasue the grass isn't always green on the other side.

JackSlade

The is no way to get off the list ? I was a good worker, and I gave a two week notice. I was late once in two years. On the other hand my Pre load sup was a drunk and now he has since been fired.

UPSGUY72

The is no way to get off the list ? I was a good worker, and I gave a two week notice. I was late once in two years. On the other hand my Pre load sup was a drunk and now he has since been fired.

My advise is to go find another job. We have all heard the same story before I was a great worker and my SUP was an A--. PT Sups get fired and leave all the time that doesn't mean anything. Your on the list and have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting off it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Try UPS Freight, they're looking for semi drivers. I don't think UPS will re-hire you, though you can inquire at HR and find out. Let us know what happens, and good luck to ya.

JackSlade

Thats who I was applying to, UPS Freight as a dedicated driver. It wasnt just my sup it was the preload main manager, and if you knew him you would agree, plus I have two kids and I couldnt stay a package handler for 10 years, to be a delivery driver.

P

pickup

Hello all,

My names Jack, and heres my question. I worked for UPS as a package handler for two years then I quit to pursue another path, Now I got my class A license and I was trying to apply for a Dedicated Driver position in Redding CA, and it says "as a former employee I'm not currently eligible for rehire" what does this mean ? and when will I be able to be rehired ? I quit in Sept 08'. Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

Jack-

Jack, here is a previous thread that addresses the issue :

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/can-a-no-rehire-status-be-changed.280540/

Also, I have to ask , do you have any experience (at least one year accident free) to go along with that c.d.l A? If not, they wouldn't touch you anyway.

If they shafted you, Jack, it is very hard to get past the no rehire ban. Computer won't let you advance past that point and no appointment can be set up until you clear that hurdle. You are in a bad position and due to the economy , upsfreight probably isn't struggling to hard to fill their driving positions , to the point that they need to consider you. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Thats who I was applying to, UPS Freight as a dedicated driver. It wasnt just my sup it was the preload main manager, and if you knew him you would agree, plus I have two kids and I couldnt stay a package handler for 10 years, to be a delivery driver.
Herein lies your dilemma, my friend. You couldn't wait, but someone else could. You severed ties and now want back in. I honestly don't know what to say besides, call HR and beg and plead. This probably won't work, but at least you will have tried. BTW, that 10 years you're talking about is a guesstimate, not something set in stone. This makes people quit all the time. There are other employer's out there looking for someone with a class A, ya know.

P

pickup

Do you have a contact number for the HR in Northern California ?

I 'm afraid that you might be getting negative responses to that question. Most of us here work for ups , not upsfreight. And most of us only know the numbers for our respective hr offices. It is possible that in the ups forum on this website, you might get lucky and find someone there who knows the number. I doubt it though.

Here is the link to the upsfreight forum of browncafe:

http://www.browncafe.com/community/forums/ups-freight.36/

Maybe if you are lucky, you might encounter a ups freight driver , in person, who works in that area and he might be able to provide that info.

brownrod

It is my understanding that all employees are automatically put on the no rehire list when they quit. If you want to change your status you would likely need to talk to old supervisors and HR from where you originally worked. If they like you then maybe then can change your status.

old levi's

blank space

Many people have, but it means working two jobs 12 to 14 hours a day for years. Takes a special kind of person.

UPSBluRdg03

I had a guy tell me he tried to get a job at UPS Frieght during the day and work the Twi at UPS and they wouldnt hire him becaue he already worked for UPS if that makes sense. Id talk to HR. If they are anything like the one here they will make it to where you can work for UPS again. Its amazing how worthless some people can be working at UPS, quit or get firedfor a year or so and come back and they re hire them!

RogerThat

Operations Supervisor
I think everyone else who previously posted has clearly conveyed the message. You quit, and we dont want you back. No rehire status.

soupnazi.jpg

No Job for You!