In case of “health emergency” (coronavirus)

beatupbrown

I see talk on here that this is just the overblown flu.

Really, they have shut down Italy do you think the Italians? China are just misinformed fools? I think not!

The best way to look at his is the Flu on steroids very very catchable. Older folks seem to have a higher death rate then young folks they can be carriers they shed the virus but may not be sick. Now the percent of folks who will die is much higher than the 1 to 3%. might be 10 to %.

We are still getting information and the news we are getting is not on the good side of wishful thinking.

Talk like this can make folks scared and rightfully so, so earlier on some experts were not giving info that was on the scary side.

Warm weather will probably help slow it down not a for sure thing.

So, if a huge city gets the flu on steroids think of what that could do a a place,

The hospitals are overwhelmed in the rest of world they are playing god in some cases deciding who has a shot of living moving folks in and out of the ICU based on the idea who will likely live.

This is not a run of the mill flu!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Now the percent of folks who will die is much higher than the 1 to 3%. might be 10 to %.
Source?

Under 40 year olds currently seem to have a 0.2% chance of dying.
Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

If you are over 80?
Yeah. This is scary.
But I'd be very interested to see what the flu does to that same age bracket.

For most young to middle age folks, the statistics so far indicate this is just a rougher version of the flu.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
5 schools closed in Pennsylvania 1 in Chicago are you a Democrat or something. They don't close school for the flu. You are the naive one.

Bucks County announces 2 presumptive positive coronavirus cases; state total at 14

Yeah, that stupid doctor travelled to a high risk area, and brought it back to infect coworkers and kids ... dumbasses like these are making the virus spread faster

Upper Manhattan or Bronx are also hit badly. Using public transportation in that area is just a matter of time for that to spread out to upper joisey, to the poconos & the rest of the northeast

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bucks County announces 2 presumptive positive coronavirus cases; state total at 14

Yeah, that stupid doctor travelled to a high risk area, and brought it back to infect coworkers and kids ... dumbasses like these are making the virus spread faster

Upper Manhattan or Bronx are also hit badly. Using public transportation in that area is just a matter of time for that to spread out to upper joisey, to the poconos & the rest of the northeast
If I think I got it I'm not telling nobody.

OrioN

i caught the standard flu last month; wifey takes public transportation... and she brings home that virus every year like clockwork.

I don't see the doc because of it; but the time wasted to get appointments for my kids so they can have it documented for their absent records is a pita.

yup, it took 7-10 days to recover, but we'll see once this novel virus hits home

oldngray

nowhere special
For most people its a waste of time to go to the doctor when you have the flu. You feel too sick to go and the doctor won't do much for you anyway. You will spread it to everyone in the waiting room so I guess it wasn't a wasted trip.

over9five

Staff member
i caught the standard flu last month; wifey takes public transportation... and she brings home that virus every year like clockwork.
You guys get the flu every year? Do you not get a flu shot, or do they not work for you?
Either way, that sucks!

Rack em

Made the Podium
For most people its a waste of time to go to the doctor when you have the flu. You feel too sick to go and the doctor won't do much for you anyway. You will spread it to everyone in the waiting room so I guess it wasn't a wasted trip.
Yeah the last time I went to the doctor it's because I thought I had strep throat along with the flu/cold. Waited for 2 hours and went through all the tests and crap for the doctor to say "Nothing we can do for you, just get a lot of rest."

OrioN

You guys get the flu every year? Do you not get a flu shot, or do they not work for you?
Either way, that sucks!

Yeah, one year I'll take it, but them sneaky viruses like to mutate and we'll still get it... so I just shrug it off every year.

Whelp, I think my guess was true; @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U posted a USA map on another thread and the northeast region is spreading like wildfire

OrioN

Yeah, but this thing is quickly spreading... why don't they have stats of the regular flu cases?

Shrugs, most of our family recovered from it after about a week.

I didn't report my bout with the standard flu since I rather spend the copay for otc drugs when I knew what it was...

ManInBrown

I don't see the doc because of it; but the time wasted to get appointments for my kids so they can have it documented for their absent records is a pita.

yup, it took 7-10 days to recover, but we'll see once this novel virus hits home
Same here. I was sick as a dog late Nov, early Dec. if this Covid had started in Nov I would swear I had it. I have never been so sick in my life. With all the symptoms of this.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've had a sore throat and tight chest for days. Had a headache too today.

Luckily all the hubs I take loads to have great ice machines and water fountains so I've been able to keep the tumbler I drink from filled up and stay hydrated.